TSN: Chris Johnston: "there has been some discussion the Jets may look to buy out Blake Wheeler."

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
If you want to have blinders on and ignore everything that has happened in Winnipeg go ahead.

Your thought process seems like everyone but Wheeler was wrong
When did I place blame on everyone but wheeler? Lol

All I’m saying is for a locker room cancer his teammates sure seem to respect him and don’t share the same feelings as the people outside the room that are certain he is the root of all problems.

Reactions: Huffer

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
When did I place blame on everyone but wheeler? Lol

All I’m saying is for a locker room cancer his teammates sure seem to respect him and don’t share the same feelings as the people outside the room that are certain he is the root of all problems.
That could be a key indicator that the cancer has spread beyond only Wheeler.

Reactions: kenobiwan

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
If you want to have blinders on and ignore everything that has happened in Winnipeg go ahead.

Your thought process seems like everyone but Wheeler was wrong

That's what I'm getting too. Just the thought that Laine always blamed others (not true, he was known to whip himself publicly for his own play) vs. Wheeler being some sort of a responsible stand up dude while he got salty at reporters who might have suggested something was wrong with his play.

Revisionist history at play. Laine's known to blame himself, Wheeler is known for getting sh*tty with reporters who suggest he has some responsibility.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Ohhh the bitterness. Enjoy watching Wheeler's twilight, you are clearly one of those who back in the day advocated for Wheelers ridiculous extension and wanted rid of Laine. Congratulations on getting exactly what you bargained for. Must feel like a winner :D
I’m just trying to understand how it’s been Wheelers fault over the last 3 years why Laine hasn’t won the Rocket.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I’m just trying to understand how it’s been Wheelers fault over the last 3 years why Laine hasn’t won the Rocket.

I doubt anyone blames Wheeler for that. His responsibilities have been with the Jets.

Their trajectories are quite different. Laine's been his teams best player in the past two seasons when ever he's been able to play. Wheeler has been declining in play and value every year of his contract.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Laine didn't blame Little either. Press and fans did, but Laine didn't. He was constantly asked by the press because many thought he should play first line instead of with Little but Laine didn't rag Little out.

I know about Buff "move your feet" on the mic, that stuff happens in every game and practice and I never thought anything of it. Weird that you did.

Good luck getting rid of Wheeler though. It was a horrific contract the day it was signed and has lived up to those expectations.
Horrific? Such a drama queen. He has averaged 73 points/82 games. I’m not calling it the best contract in the league. But “Horrific” is such a stupid statement to make in a poor attempt to create a dumb narrative.

And you clutch your pearls over Buff saying move your feet? Lmao!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Wheeler and Co had a pretty good run. It's time for a change but I'm not sure that vindicates people like Laine. All of this gutter sniping is a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: Huffer

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He actually said “I’m not going to call him
A cancer but he definitely needs to be cut out of the locker room“.

He went on to say that his behaviour etc was a negatove
And he still held tons of sway in the room.

I don’t know why wpg wouldn’t just retain 3 million. Try to get him only on the books for 1 year

Instead of 2.75 x2
winnipeg-journalist-bluntly-describes-jets-dressing-room-v0-01laxc0sytk81.jpg

Wheeler's teammates have good things to say about him because Wheeler's teammates are also part of the problem.

10 years covering crime and the Winnipeg Jets are some of the worst people this dude has ever met?

Talk about INSTANTLY killing ALL credibility

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad