Chris Higgins Fitting into Canucks Top-6

Nuclear Salo

Launch Detected
Mar 12, 2014
Vancouver
Ever since 2011, Higgy has always been a favorite of mine. His work ethic is incredible, and he's always seemed to be fairly consistent. Would love to see him wear an A at some point, but age and circumstances make it look unlikely. Nevertheless, that doesn't stop him from being a great player - hoping to see many more years of him in a Nucks uniform. Hats off to you, Higgy.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Higgins is a top-6 forward, theres no denying it.

(although most peoples definition of a top-6 forward is broken)

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Higgins has come a long way from his partying days in Montreal...
Which almost killed his career.
Now...
He is a reliable 2-way forward who can play in a top-6 or bottom-6 role.
Extra points too for being so well-groomed off the ice too.
:thumbu:

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Definitely a decent top 6 forward...not outstanding though.

I think the idea of what a top 6 forward should produce is also very jaded these days...so they'll probably be a lot of fans that disagree he's a top 6 forward.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
He aint quite a top 6 forward, but too good for the 3rd line. In 2011 I thought the same thing I do now, if you're gonna go deep in the ploffs he's the kind of guy you need for depth on the third line.

Higgins averages about 20 goals and close to 45 to 50 points annually.
That is good enough to be complimentary 2nd line forward.
Plus...
At 2.5 million...
He comes a lot cheaper than many "definite" 2nd line forwards...
Who produce at a comparable rate.
He is a bargain...
Plain and simple.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
7 shots tonight against Edmonton

Anyone know what his career high is?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hes a good second line player and a perfect third line player. Glad we have him.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014

Someone else said recently, but if he is our sixth best forward we are in good shape. It would be nice to see Burrows pick it up.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Agree.

40-50 points from someone hardly playing on the PP and who can defend. 2nd line player every day of the week.

And now with Bonino who can actually pass the puck compared to Kesler having someone like Higgins on that line makes more sense. Also Bonino need more support defensively than Kesler - so again perfect.

If Kassian can slowly become the kind of player I think he will become then Kassian - Bonino - Higgins would have to be one of the best value for money lines in the league. Quality as a 2nd line, but paid as a 3rd.

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
Whatever happened to his brother? Did we scare him off?

I'm here just between working the steady midnight shift and having a 7 month old Canuck fan on my hands nowadays it takes up all my time. I'd throw a pic up of him in canucks gear but dont know how to do it from iphone?
Still have to laugh at the "partying image" he got after Montreal. Couldn't be farther from the truth. Not saying he was a Buddhist monk but he didn't live at the bar like people assumed.
Anyway it's nice to see him recognized for his game. He loves it out there and I do think he fits in well on the team. Cool article thanks for sharing.
K

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Man they had some dominant shifts last night. Vey was great with Higgy and Bones in the first 2 periods.

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
Higgins and Richarson are grinders on this and 2 guys who work the hardest. I never see Higgins make a dumb play.

People used to say last year and before that he is not a 2nd line player but a perfect 3rd line player. Kesler leaves and all of a sudden he is a 2nd line player.

Alot of people saying its a small sample size. 20 games but I really think this team is for real. all 4 lines scoring. Hamhuis goes down last night, and Burrows didnt even play. Down 0-2 after 1st vs a top team in the West and they owned the ducks in the 2nd period. Right before Ducks scored I told my bro. it would be a rebound goal.

One more thing last night. Canucks were very good at getting out of our zone last night vs Ducks fore check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad