Chris Higgins and Thomas Pleckanec

Status
Not open for further replies.

terreur

Jan 27, 2006
Montreal
Hey, In the begining of the year i was looking at higgins and Pleckanec very closely as I knew they would be god players for the team in the future. Up to the Olimpyc Break Pleckanek was a bit better than Higgin IMO. But for me, both of those players would be players EXTREMELY reliable defensivly and probably could chip in some points... 40-50 in goods season. But the way I see Higgins play lately... im totally astonished... He is WAY over my expectations, and he plays so good that i think it something else than luck and chance. WIth that said, what dou you think is the upside of chirs higgins and pleckanec? Could they have an offensive impact in thios league?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I have always liked Higgins and think he Steen and Richards are similar players. Great at both ends of the ice, physical and gritty despite being a bit undersized and great leaders.

I think his offensive potential is a bit lower then the other two but in his prime i think he will be a solid two way second liner scoring something like 50+ points but he strikes me as someone who will score a lot of important goals and play his best in the clutch.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
vanwychen27 said:
I have always liked Higgins and think he Steen and Richards are similar players. Great at both ends of the ice, physical and gritty despite being a bit undersized and great leaders.

I think his offensive potential is a bit lower then the other two but in his prime i think he will be a solid two way second liner scoring something like 50+ points but he strikes me as someone who will score a lot of important goals and play his best in the clutch.
I also initially thought that his upside was lower than steen or richard ..
but he has some sick skills .. IMO he could turn out as good as lehtinen !

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Kryoptix said:
I also initially thought that his upside was lower than steen or richard ..
but he has some sick skills .. IMO he could turn out as good as lehtinen !
I dont think its significantly lower i think he is very close but IMO Steen and Richards have a little more offensive potential.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Higgins is a complementary player, in terms of scoring anyway, so his production will boil down to who he ends up playing with. Right now, on the 1st line, he's scoring a lot. If the Habs' talent level increases down the road, I suppose it's conceivable he could one day be bumped down to a 3rd line role again. He'll be equally valuable either way. But his production would be quite different. But I don't really see any good argument for bumping him down in the future. So a 30 goal season somewhere down the line is probably not completely out of reach.

Plekanec is somewhat similar... he wouldn't embarrass us as our 2nd line centre, in which case he'd one day qualify as a 50-60 pt candidate. But I guess the size concern, plus his versatility, argues that the team might always find somebody else to give that offensive responsibility to instead, which could cut into his production. Either way, he's the same player and same value to the team. But for these guys, if you're projecting for scoring totals, it might actually depend more on what you think of guys like Ribeiro, Kostitsyn, Latendresse, and Perezhogin than what you think of these guys. Higgins and Plekanec are money in the bank. But the roles they get will ultimately depend on how these other riskier guys pan out.

Maybe. :dunno:

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Both Higgins and Plekanec can play on any line and in any situation...they are forming one of the good PK duo and they are helping the team offensively.

With all the young players that we have, we will most likely have 3 good scoring line, the 3rd one will be the best one deffensively but will be able to chip in offensively.

That being said, they will play on any line and nomather who's in front of them on the depht chart, they will help the team and maybe win a Stanley cup sooner rather then later.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Plekanec showed us why he could be a 2nd line center at the beginning of the year, and now Higgins is showing us why he's the next captain of this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad