Chris Harrington

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Reveille! said:
How's he doing this year at Minny? Haven't heard much about him this year. Just having a quiet one?

BTW, is he John Harrington's (of 1980 US team fame) son?

Yes, He is the son of John Harrington.

He has had an up and down year. Inconsistent. He has had some good games and he has had some awful games. I think he has been pressing a little bit too much.

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
PuckFan01 said:
Yes, He is the son of John Harrington.

He has had an up and down year. Inconsistent. He has had some good games and he has had some awful games. I think he has been pressing a little bit too much.

I think he desperately wants to be the next in line of "Great ones" (leopold, P. Martin, Ballard). I think it is clear that distinction will most ilkely go t one of the freshmen (Goligoski or Hagemo). He presses WAY too much. Hopefully he will get it all together.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I wached him a number of times last year and was absolutely perplexed as to why he went undrafted. I only have seen him twice this year, so not nearly enough to gauge a comment on.

I just hope he rebounds to his 2003/2004 self. I mean, I know a team is going to take a shot on him, but I really liked him as a player last year.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
It would have been nice for him if Ballard stayed. Harrington came in this year as only one of two healthy upper classmen. With freshmen, Hagemo, Goligoski and Peltier. Sophmore Vanelli and Juniors hurt Kennedy and ineligable Atherton as the others. He took on to big a role and they gave him the A. He plays a physical game and sometimes stupid one two. With the no tolerence rule on penalties he had a tough start to the year. 82 pen min so far. Looks to be coming around better now. Very good open ice hitter and has some good O in his game too. Ballards numbers fell last year when he had no Martin. I see Harrington and Goligoski or even Anderson really clicking next year and Harrington having an all american type year. Allthough if the lock out is settled imagine he has a 50-50 chance as being picked up as a FA. Will not put the O #'s as Leo, Martin and Ballard did but i do see him playing and contributing in the NHL.

Goldy

Feb 28, 2002
Minneapolis
Visit site
Harrington will not make it in the NHL.

He makes too many blunders, his fundamentals are not where they should be. He skates well with the puck, but doesn't handle the puck particularly well. He turns it over alot in his own zone. He takes poor angles on incoming forwards - he gets beat around the edge too often. He sometimes plays physical, but not all the time.

He is a bit of an enigma in that occassionally he teases you by showing flashes of talent, then the next game he is only noticed for his mistakes. I see him as ECHL caliber, borderline AHL potential.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Goldy said:

He makes too many blunders, his fundamentals are not where they should be. He skates well with the puck, but doesn't handle the puck particularly well. He turns it over alot in his own zone. He takes poor angles on incoming forwards - he gets beat around the edge too often. He sometimes plays physical, but not all the time.

He is a bit of an enigma in that occassionally he teases you by showing flashes of talent, then the next game he is only noticed for his mistakes. I see him as ECHL caliber, borderline AHL potential.

And he's how old again? Right, early 20s (sorry, I don't know for sure). And he's playing in what league? Right, NCAA. Why don't you wait and see the kid play at the pro level first. That sort of statement has been made of so many players who turned into very good NHLers that it isn't even funny. It's quite the statement to make especially when people were talking about how big of a free agent find he would be last year after his season. Just like hockeysfuture posters, gold one day, trash the next.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Goldy said:

Have you seen him hit anybody this year. He has planted several people in the open. Crossing blue and red lines. I would say he is physical all the time. Not to be confused with intelligent all the time, takes dumb penalities but they are hard dumb penalties. And he is junior he has one more year to prove himself. Angell and Dylan Mills played in the ECHL. Harrington is way better than both of them. He is not god i know but he almost left last year as a FA.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
he's very capable, I think this year he has put an awful lot of pressure on himself to step up and lead, especially being one of the few veteran dman on the squad...and that has bogged him down.

He has a good offensive upside, plays with some sandpaper in his game, and can really catch some dudes with open ice hits...

Yes this year has been inconsistent...but he is better than that. Next year he and Goligoski will be one of the top tandems in the WCHA, if not the NCAA.

He will get some attention after his ncaa days are done.

Goldy

Feb 28, 2002
Minneapolis
Visit site
He has been inconsistent for 3 years now. He is 22, soon to be 23. At this point in his life I just don't see him suddenly becoming consistent.

He has always had some of the shortcomings I mentioned earlier, but has been more exposed this year, since he doesn't have Ballard to piar with anymore. He has turned the puck over more times behind his own net than I can count. This is inexcusable.

Being a good defenseman is about more than making an occasional open ice hit. Preventing goals is your primary objective.

And quite frankly, I would take both Mills or Angell at the same stage of their career over Harrington the way he has played this year. Not even close.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Kritty said:
And he's how old again? Right, early 20s (sorry, I don't know for sure). And he's playing in what league? Right, NCAA. Why don't you wait and see the kid play at the pro level first. That sort of statement has been made of so many players who turned into very good NHLers that it isn't even funny. It's quite the statement to make especially when people were talking about how big of a free agent find he would be last year after his season. Just like hockeysfuture posters, gold one day, trash the next.

So- we should wait until a player plays at the pro level before we make projections about his pro potential?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad