Chris Farley

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Funny but overrated.

I never really was that enamored with his SNL bits other than the interview ones. Black Sheep and Tommy Boy were pretty great, though.

Reactions: Neutrinos

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He was what Robin Williams could never be, crazy, but never really crossed that line. Was definitely more natural in his comedy, where it didn't seem like he was trying too hard to be funny.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
His decaf coffee freak out on SNL was about the greatest moment they had in the 90s when it was a show you actually set your clock to.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
That veronica Vaughn is one piece of a*****ce

Who?

As for Farley, he’s on the funniest people I’ve ever seen. Notice how he never put his hands out to break his fall when he crashed into tables? I imagine he got hurt a few times.

The weird thing is that he never thought he was funny. Everyone around him said he was one of the funniest people they ever met.

Matt Foley the motivational speaker is my favourite snl sketch ever.

The cast on snl when he was there was amazing. Carvey, Hartman, Sandler, Myers, Spade, Rock, Nealon, Schneider, Norm, Meadows.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Who?

As for Farley, he’s on the funniest people I’ve ever seen. Notice how he never put his hands out to break his fall when he crashed into tables? I imagine he got hurt a few times.

The weird thing is that he never thought he was funny. Everyone around him said he was one of the funniest people they ever met.

Matt Foley the motivational speaker is my favourite snl sketch ever.

The cast on snl when he was there was amazing. Carvey, Hartman, Sandler, Myers, Spade, Rock, Nealon, Schneider, Norm, Meadows.
Such an epic cast.

Chris Farley was awesome and many people label him as a "he was only funny because he's fat and fat is funny" guy. But the guy had so much charisma and just seemed so naturally funny and wasn't forcing anything.

Reactions: Lancer

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Tommy Boy is an all time classic among comedies for me.

Black Sheep and Beverly Hills Ninja weren't nearly on the same level, but still had some laughs mainly due to Farley.

The scene in BHN where he pretends to be Chet Walters always cracks me up.

He was definitely naturally hilarious. Good, great, grand, wonderful.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL and TNT87

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
bus-around.gif

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The Chippendale sketch with Patrick Swayze on SNL was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life.

Great sketch. Chris Rock doesn’t like how it ended though. He thinks it was mean that they called him fat. He said Chris should have been chosen as the winner in the end. I never really thought about it much, just thought it was funny, but I guess that ending could have still worked.

Either way, it’s a classic sketch.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Anytime I saw Bobby Moynihan on SNL doing a role that had to be played by an overweight guy (i.e. the Rob Ford stuff a few years ago), I'd always think that Chris Farley could've done it so much better.

My favorite Farley character on SNL was when he played himself as a nervous, bumbling interviewer, and most of his questions would start with "Do you remember...."

Reactions: TNT87

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Anytime I saw Bobby Moynihan on SNL doing a role that had to be played by an overweight guy (i.e. the Rob Ford stuff a few years ago), I'd always think that Chris Farley could've done it so much better.

My favorite Farley character on SNL was when he played himself as a nervous, bumbling interviewer, and most of his questions would start with "Do you remember...."

Oh, the Chris Farley show. The one with Paul MacCartney was classic.

“Remember when you were in the Beatles and there were all these rumours you were dead? That was a hoax right?”

“Yeah, I wasn’t really dead.”

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's always sad to see someone that made so many people happy die so young. Man am I getting old, 20 years ago already? RIP Chris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad