Chris Cuthbert Joins Sportsnet !!!!

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Massive addition for Sportsnet! About damn time they did something right.

Surprising because he always made it known he stayed at TSN because he could continue covering the CFL. But he probably sees the writing on the wall for that league, and jumped ship.

Watching a Sportsnet broadcast just got a whole lot better.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
omgomgomgomgomgomg....

Does this mean I might be hearing him do Cup games??

No I don't think Cuthbert is the greatest but he is damn good enough for me to watch games just so I can listen to him because I think he is by FAR the most charming sportscaster in the NHL business. Give him time and he's gonna grow on you. He is God compared to Doc's nails on a chalkboard shrieking, somber "They've won the Stanley Cup" announcements and tiring encyclopedic use of synonyms.

For all the right reasons he's like the most Canadian thing ever and it feels so right to hear him call history.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Never knew people were this obsessed with Cuthbert lol... I'm sure I'd recognize the face and voice if I saw it but off top on my head I dont know who it is

I better get on Google asap

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No doubt he's going to do national games but I wonder if he'll be slotted into a regional spot at the beginning of next season?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Let's hope he takes Jim Hughson's job. God that man can turn the greatest game in history into a snoozefest because he isn't interested in the two teams playing if they aren't the Leafs or Canucks.

Reactions: pt_mck

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
this is a HUGE addition, he is the best commentator out there. I hope he calls Canucks games.

Hitman77

May 6, 2015
Cuthbert is a huge pick up for Sportsnet. He's an instant upgrade over the monotone Hughson. Listening to Hughson puts me to sleep.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Sucks for TSN and regional broadcasting in Canada. Along with Gord Miller, Ray Ferrarro, and Jamie Noodles McClennan (a tier below those guys but he is always improving), TSN had the formidable crew as gold standard of hockey commentary. Would be a hard guy to replace.

Also heard that Bob McKenzie will be retiring some point in the near future?

Sportsnet needs more guys like him, and more solid hockey people with all due respect to Kelly Hrudey. If McKenzie retires, they will have the next best guy in Elliotte Friedman who has improved each and every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad