Recalled/Assigned: Chris Conner Recalled

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
I honestly think that may get the spark we need.

Bennett - Crosby - Neal
Kunitz - Malkin - Jokinen

Sid needs to be separated from Kunitz at any rate I think.

Yeah, Kunitz and Malkin played well together, it would be at least worth a try. As you said, they need a spark. Why not try that Bylsma?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Yeah, Kunitz and Malkin played well together, it would be at least worth a try. As you said, they need a spark. Why not try that Bylsma?

I mean seriously, what's the harm in trying right now? Its not working as currently constructed.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Ugh. If I see either him or Pyatt in the lineup tonight I'm going to walk away from the TV and read. Unbelievable lineup decisions by this staff.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I honestly think that may get the spark we need.

Bennett - Crosby - Neal
Kunitz - Malkin - Jokinen

Sid needs to be separated from Kunitz at any rate I think.

The idea that certain players on this team should be "glued" together needs to go away, especially when some of those combinations aren't producing in the playoffs. Look at the Blackhawks as an example. Their coach uses several different combinations with Toews, Kane, Saad, Sharp, and Hossa. Are we to believe the Penguins' star players are just going to dog it if Bylsma makes a major shake-up with the lines? Most likely this is just another example of Bylsma's stubbornness.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The idea that certain players on this team should be "glued" together needs to go away, especially when some of those combinations aren't producing in the playoffs. Look at the Blackhawks as an example. Their coach uses several different combinations with Toews, Kane, Saad, Sharp, and Hossa. Are we to believe the Penguins' star players are just going to dog it if Bylsma makes a major shake-up with the lines? Most likely this is just another example of Bylsma's stubbornness.

He has a formula in his mind for what works and what doesn't. It doesn't matter what evidence is out there to the contrary. He'll stick with it to his dying breath. There is zero room for deviation from his set formula.

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
I mean seriously, what's the harm in trying right now? Its not working as currently constructed.

Thats exactly the point, could not agree more! If they would light it up as it is right now, changes would not be needed. It drives me crazy when I look at the other series and compare it to the coaching we have to tolerate.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I can't believe this... well I guess can, seeing how the Penguins have become a biggest laughing stock in the league.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
It was a conditioning assignment, so I believe he had to be recalled.

I'd love to see Bortuzzo and Engelland, but I doubt it happens.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Chances that he'll play?

Or is that just a particularly silly question?

I'm up for some laughs, tonight... so I hope he does!

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Isn't he on a two-way contract?

I don't think that matters. Conditioning assignments allow you to send someone down without clearing waivers, and there's a time limit.

He also is ineligible to play for WBS in the playoffs, so there's really no sense in leaving him there.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess he might need a few canceled practices with the team to brush up on important system stuff so he can be prepared for playing 15+ minutes a night in a playoff situation. So, unfortunately, we might very well not see him in the lineup, tonight.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I guess he might need a few canceled practices with the team to brush up on important system stuff so he can be prepared for playing 15+ minutes a night in a playoff situation. So, unfortunately, we might very well not see him in the lineup, tonight.

He needs time to get the hard work and tenacity Hynes teaches down in WBS out of his system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad