Recalled/Assigned: Chlappy

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hopefully Jaros being sent down means Hainsey or Zaitsev are back and not just because Smith wants Goloubef in there instead.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Happy for Chlapik but Dorion is taking the troops way from Belleville will make it tougher on that team

I agree with you, but this is exactly what some people wanted. Alot of complaining went on around here when all the young stars were kept in Belleville, remember?

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I agree with you, but this is exactly what some people wanted. Alot of complaining went on around here when all the young stars were kept in Belleville, remember?
They’ll be fine with Abramov/Beaudin back soon and Brannstrom spending the rest of the year there.

If the BSens can’t win with Brannstrom, Lajoie and Jaros and defence with Brown,Norris,Formenton and Abramov as forwards then there’s some big problems that need to be addressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Chlapik, but why are they calling him up when Batherson and Balcers are already up and Sabourin and Boedker are available to play? You'd think once they start trading players there will be plenty of opportunity to call guys up. Belleville needs to bank points now once the call ups start it wont be as easy.

Reactions: DrEasy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like Chlapik, but why are they calling him up when Batherson and Balcers are already up and Sabourin and Boedker are available to play? You'd think once they start trading players there will be plenty of opportunity to call guys up. Belleville needs to bank points now once the call ups start it wont be as easy.

Last chance to give the kid a look look and see where he's at?

Kid is on the last year of his contract. We're going to have to start making decisions on some of the tweener kids this summer.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't think that management cares about Belleville's win/loss record nearly as much as we think they do. Sure, it would be nice if they won, but their role is to develop players for the parent club. Period, full stop. If you really wanted Belleville to win, you'd seed the team with a bunch of AHL veterans in their late 20s or early 30s - when you see teams go on Calder Cup runs, it's usually their veterans leading the way, guys whose NHL dreams long since faded. That, of course, would do little to develop players for the NHL, so instead we have 20 year olds like Formenton and Norris getting big minutes down there. Great for development, but not necessarily a recipe for winning the Calder Cup. The fact that Belleville is in the hunt despite their youth and huge roster churn this year is a nice bonus, TBH.

Baseball is even more brutal about this - young players go to the minors with very specific instructions from the parent club about how much and where they are to play, exactly what their per game pitch count is, etc. MLB GMs don't want to hear a word from their minor league managers about a pennant race - they start the pitcher and play the position players who the big league club tells them to start and play, or else they find a new minor league manager...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don't think that management cares about Belleville's win/loss record nearly as much as we think they do. Sure, it would be nice if they won, but their role is to develop players for the parent club. Period, full stop. If you really wanted Belleville to win, you'd seed the team with a bunch of AHL veterans in their late 20s or early 30s - when you see teams go on Calder Cup runs, it's usually their veterans leading the way, guys whose NHL dreams long since faded. That, of course, would do little to develop players for the NHL, so instead we have 20 year olds like Formenton and Norris getting big minutes down there. Great for development, but not necessarily a recipe for winning the Calder Cup. The fact that Belleville is in the hunt despite their youth and huge roster churn this year is a nice bonus, TBH.

Baseball is even more brutal about this - young players go to the minors with very specific instructions from the parent club about how much and where they are to play, exactly what their per game pitch count is, etc. MLB GMs don't want to hear a word from their minor league managers about a pennant race - they start the pitcher and play the position players who the big league club tells them to start and play, or else they find a new minor league manager...
I agree - the idea that the AHL playoffs are equivalent to magic beans for development is exaggerated.

No doubt the AHL playoffs are intense and a good experience. I think it is on pace with a world junior experience. Good players succeeds there but good players succeed everywhere. I doubt Rossi’s development is stalled because he missed a world junior or Batherson’s because he may miss a round+ of AHL playoffs.

Reactions: GCK

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They’ll be fine with Abramov/Beaudin back soon and Brannstrom spending the rest of the year there.

If the BSens can’t win with Brannstrom, Lajoie and Jaros and defence with Brown,Norris,Formenton and Abramov as forwards then there’s some big problems that need to be addressed.
theyre kids playing against men

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If they’re “kids” than so are Chlapik & Batherson. What’s the problem?
not sure what youre trying to say.. the poster I responded to said " if they cant win with (group olf young players) then there are deeper issues" im saying theyre kids, silly to expect them to win the AHL or come close with just kids playing against men

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
not sure what youre trying to say.. the poster I responded to said " if they cant win with (group olf young players) then there are deeper issues" im saying theyre kids, silly to expect them to win the AHL or come close with just kids playing against men
Win games*and not be garbage.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Last chance to give the kid a look look and see where he's at?

Kid is on the last year of his contract. We're going to have to start making decisions on some of the tweener kids this summer.

He has been good every time he has been called up his pts for 60 is one of the best on the team. He plays a suprisingly heavy physical style in my opinion he should have been up all year he seemed the most NHL ready to me. But there will be lots of opportunity once the UFA's start getting traded. Namestinikov, Ennis and one of Pageau or Tierney has to be traded before the deadline. Thats three spots with 20 games to go lots of chances to call people up.

Its all these moves that dont make sense that lead me to believe they really dont have a plan.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Chaplik has some decent advanced stats... Most metrics that are relative to ice time have him on the 5-13th range on the team (counting DMAN). It feels like fans are considering giving up on 22 year old Chaplik. I have compared him below to another 22 year old (White) who most wouldn't consider dumping.

1. Chappy 5th on team in CF% (White 17th)
2. Chappy 7th at FF% (White 20th)
3. Chappy 13th GF/60 (White 25th)
4. Chappy 6th at oiSH (White 25th)

2019-20 Ottawa Senators Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I think it's part showcasing and part evaluating. Just seeing where everyone is at relative to the NHL game.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He has been good every time he has been called up his pts for 60 is one of the best on the team. He plays a suprisingly heavy physical style in my opinion he should have been up all year he seemed the most NHL ready to me. But there will be lots of opportunity once the UFA's start getting traded. Namestinikov, Ennis and one of Pageau or Tierney has to be traded before the deadline. Thats three spots with 20 games to go lots of chances to call people up.

Its all these moves that dont make sense that lead me to believe they really dont have a plan.

Lol, I can definitely agree on that. The planning in this organization seems to be along the lines of throwing a dart at the wall and seeing where it lands.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Chaplik has some decent advanced stats... Most metrics that are relative to ice time have him on the 5-13th range on the team (counting DMAN). It feels like fans are considering giving up on 22 year old Chaplik. I have compared him below to another 22 year old (White) who most wouldn't consider dumping.

1. Chappy 5th on team in CF% (White 17th)
2. Chappy 7th at FF% (White 20th)
3. Chappy 13th GF/60 (White 25th)
4. Chappy 6th at oiSH (White 25th)

2019-20 Ottawa Senators Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com
I just looked. I’m on board we should replace White/Pageau and Tierney with Chlapik. He is better than all of them.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Win games*and not be garbage.
Foster the championship mentality. See the Toronto Raptors farm team. A lot of their current stars give credit to being able to take charge of their team, starting, building chemistry on and off court together and graduating to the bugs together to why they're so successful. Winning the baby trophy inspires you to think you can win the big trophy. Also motivates you to work for the next step. If you're shit in the minors, and your big club is bottom feeding, what do you have to look forward to? A 1OA taking your roster spot and more mediocrity and rebuilding?

I don't mind the call ups but do if we have 2-3 healthy scratches.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Chlapik should be on this team. He plays a complete game and could fit on the third or fourth line for now. He's NHL ready and is defensively responsible enough to work on his offence at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad