CHL vs. AHL: What development system is better for a players under 20?

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
I'm not sure if this is an official rule, but does the AHL have an age limit? Do they only accept players after the age of 19?

I also wondered what development system is better for players under 20: the CHL or AHL?

IMO, the AHL has players of all ages, which will help them develop properly under veteran players who've been around, which means that they obviously have valuable experience for the younger players.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
According to the AHL FAQ page ...
What is the minimum age for an AHL player?
Per AHL By-Laws, the age limit for eligibility to compete in the American Hockey League is 18 years or over, on or before September 15 of each season of competition.
My answer to your second question is: Whichever League their skills & maturity can manage to attain.

e14

Feb 14, 2018
I'm not sure if this is an official rule, but does the AHL have an age limit? Do they only accept players after the age of 19?

I also wondered what development system is better for players under 20: the CHL or AHL?

IMO, the AHL has players of all ages, which will help them develop properly under veteran players who've been around, which means that they obviously have valuable experience for the younger players.

Have read here
Technically 18 but contracts with CHL prevent entry before 20

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2TIxoc7prwyZlcsbSZbeP9&cshid=1561118917558

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad