Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just dropping by about Severson and how he has progressed astronomically. He was strictly defensive-minded last season, but this season he is becoming a very solid two-way player. You can tell that he gained a ton of confidence between last draft and this time now. He's jumping into plays offensive much more often, wicked shot, and is getting much more ice in all situations. Besides his highly improved offensive game, his decision making is becoming much better as well. He really is anchoring a solid Rocket's defensive core and his play is rubbing off onto the the other players.

GM17*

Why hasn't Bell been drafted, terrible defensively or is he 'affiliated' with a team via camp invite?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Tuesday's Activity:

OHL:
Ben Thomson - E, 17/27 PIM (coinc. rough, unsportsmanlike, coinc. rough, coinc. rough, check to head, instigator, fighting major, misconduct) in Kitchener's 6-2 win vs. Guelph
*5th fighting major of the season

NCAA:
Jon Merrill - E, 1 shot, 3 blocked shots in Michigan's 5-1 loss vs. Bowling Green

Seth Helgeson - E in #1 Minnesota's 4-1 win vs. #2 Notre Dame

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Just dropping by about Severson and how he has progressed astronomically. He was strictly defensive-minded last season, but this season he is becoming a very solid two-way player. You can tell that he gained a ton of confidence between last draft and this time now. He's jumping into plays offensive much more often, wicked shot, and is getting much more ice in all situations. Besides his highly improved offensive game, his decision making is becoming much better as well. He really is anchoring a solid Rocket's defensive core and his play is rubbing off onto the the other players.

I get all warm and tingly inside when reading severson updates. We have high hopes for him around here...

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
herd jon merril is coming back?

Played a full game last night. Left a short recap in the previous iteration of this thread which was just closed/capped. Michigan lost 5-1 and looked absolutely dreadful. On the brightside, Merrill wasn't on the ice for any of the goals against.

Thought he looked a bit tentative in his early shifts. Michigan got a gift of a 5 minute PP midway through the first. Merrill made some nice plays to keep the puck inside the zone. He set up Jacob Trouba for a couple of one timers. But Michigan's PP has been awful all season. Once the puck went low to the forwards, nothing would happen. Merrill pinched in and was wide open in the slot but Phil di Giuseppe's centering pass was off target and cleared the zone.

Merrill looked a bit better defensively as the game wore on. One thing I forgot was just how lanky Merrill is and how much space he can cover. There was one shift where a Bowling Green forward was entering the zone and Merrill gave him a rather large cushion. But as soon as the forward tried to make a move, Merrill effortlessly stripped him of the puck and cleared the zone.

Tried not to read too much into one game as Merrill is understandably shaking off three months of rust. Rest of the Wolverines were in disarray. Team captain and leading scorer A.J. Treais missed last night's game. Jacob Trouba was 48 hours removed from the WJC in Russia and probably was jetlagged (commentators also mentioned that Trouba missed his connecting flight and his equipment has yet to show up in Ann Arbor).

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Considering there was some talk of Swift Current trading Scarlett to a contender earlier in the year I thought I would mention that the WHL trade deadline is tomorrow. SC is currently in 8th so I can't see them unloading anyone. Hopefully they'll make the playoffs.

Also Owen Sound is currently playing but Gavrus is not in the lineup.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Considering there was some talk of Swift Current trading Scarlett to a contender earlier in the year I thought I would mention that the WHL trade deadline is tomorrow. SC is currently in 8th so I can't see them unloading anyone. Hopefully they'll make the playoffs.

Also Owen Sound is currently playing but Gavrus is not in the lineup.

He just got there if I'm right?

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Wednesday's Activity:

WHL:
Damon Severson - 1 goal, 2 assists (2 PP), +2, 2 PIM (hold), 1st star in Kelowna's 6-1 win vs. Victoria
*Kelowna extends winning streak to 7 games

Reece Scarlett - 1 goal, E in Swift Current's 5-2 win vs. Red Deer
Graham Black - 1 assist, E for SC

OHL:
Reid Boucher - 1 goal, -2, 2nd star in Sarnia's 3-1 loss at Sault Ste. Marie

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
There's a reason I had the Islanders taking Severson at #34 in my mock draft. Kid's dynamite.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Ben Johnson has 9 pts in his last 12. Would be nice to see him finish strong, the additions of Khokhlachev and Koekkoek might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad