Chistov

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Although Chistov may no longer be a prospect, i figure this is the best place i can ask for peoples opinion on him. Do you guys think he will still become a top line sniper that produces a good sum of points in the future or do you think he is going to be somewhat of a bust playing on the 3rd or 4ht line.

sparkplug

Apr 30, 2004
Vancouver BC
That'll depend on how determined he is to make an impact. The talent is there but his game is really raw, if he developes his game, I think he could make the 80 point mark in the next 2-3 years. However, that might be unlikely due to Anaheim's system, but I think the talent is there.

Saabato

Sep 5, 2003
London, Ontario
I was wondering the same thing. I hope he fills out physically and matures defensively. His offensive skills are not in doubt. He needs the icetime and quality linemates too. I think he will show us what he has in a few years once he matures a little. Too tough to call him a bust at this point.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
The talent is there, but the effort and commitment might be lacking. He was tossed around a lot and put up paltry numbers in the A. He stepped it up and was more effective in the playoffs, but still not what a 20-21 year old top 5 pick should do at the AHL level. Small, skilled players are supposed to thrive there.

sparkplug

Apr 30, 2004
Vancouver BC
SmokeyClause said:
The talent is there, but the effort and commitment might be lacking. He was tossed around a lot and put up paltry numbers in the A. He stepped it up and was more effective in the playoffs, but still not what a 20-21 year old top 5 pick should do at the AHL level. Small, skilled players are supposed to thrive there.

Leading the AHL in playoff goals until his team was knocked out gave me hope.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
He wont be a third or fourth liner whos a bust. He is too small to stay around on a checking line anyway. He will be a good shifty second line point producer similar to Samsonov.

What happened was that he chose not to take a step forward after his rookie year. According to Mike Babcock, Chistov went to the stanley cup finals his rookie year and thought everything would be easy for the rest of his career...and then he goes home in the summer and doesn't work hard to train and get better...He lost his confidence early in the year and was scared to shoot. He is so shifty he gets himself into great scoring position but can't fire the shot in. He was regaining his confidence in the minors and scoring goals again, so I think he will make the Ducks roster at training camp as a second line winger...if he works hard this summer.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
As a Ducks' season-ticket holder, I get to see Chistov on a regular basis. I'm not as optimistic about him as some of my fellow Ducks' fans. He does show flashes of brilliance, but his regression from last season to this one was painful. I'm not ready to call him a bust, but I'm far from convinced he's the next Samsonov, either.n Frankly, if I were Bryan Murray, I'd be inclined to trade him while he still has some trade value.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
it's just a sophmore slump, kick save, i dont think u have much to worry about. happens to many prospects, so he aint the one and only and he sure aint the odd one in the bunch. i, personally, think he's eventually going tobe a first liner in the far future, but h'll prob spend a good amount of time in the second line position before that.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
A swap with Montréal?

Could a swap of prospects be possible between Montréal and Anaheim? Montréal has two underachieving prospect in a similar situation than Chistov : Marcel Hossa and Ron Hainsey, and, like Chistov, both were once considered blue chippers but have regressed. I'm not familiar with Anaheim's situation, but I know that Montréal has a whole on the second line which Chistov, if he wakes up, could fill. Could a deal be centered around Chistov, Hossa, and Hainsey? I'm not sure what would be fair, and what Anaheim needs, but a change of scenery could do wonders for all those young and still promising players. Any thoughs?

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
seeing Chistov on ice in the AHL and the NHL, one thing comes to my mind, he has the ability to dazzle, he has the ability to take that puck from end to end, through 4 opposing players and make something happen in front of the net.
However, whether it's laziness or lack of confidence or conditioning, he doesn't display that ability enough.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
forbesy said:
seeing Chistov on ice in the AHL and the NHL, one thing comes to my mind, he has the ability to dazzle, he has the ability to take that puck from end to end, through 4 opposing players and make something happen in front of the net.
However, whether it's laziness or lack of confidence or conditioning, he doesn't display that ability enough.

Yes, and he also can't shoot a lick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad