chistov or parise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
hey guys, just curious how some would evaluate these 2 players against one another...

both are smaller in stature, but have a lot of offensive upside.... who could be the better point getter, and who should the better career?

thanx in advance

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
fedorov_jr said:
hey guys, just curious how some would evaluate these 2 players against one another...

both are smaller in stature, but have a lot of offensive upside.... who could be the better point getter, and who should the better career?

thanx in advance

I see Chistov having more goals, Parise having more assists and points and Parise having a better carreer. He's more complete then Chistov but for the show, Chistov will make some nice moves...

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I'll side with Parise for the moment. I think Chistov is great but he seems to lack consistency and confidence. I hope he turns out alright though 'caz he can dazzle.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
If Chistov will gain the confidence he had two years ago he will be a great player IMO, but I see Parise as a better overall player.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If Chistov can gain the confidence he had against Detroit of the 03 playoffs, which is where I felt he was most confident and where he played his best hockey, he could easily be better than Parise. Parise's overcame the height hurdle in college, but has to show he can overcome it in the big leagues, which I'm confident he will.

Chistov will likely end up being the flashier of the two, while Parise will be better in the all-around game. To whoever said Chistov will end up with more goals, and Parise more assists and points, I think the polar opposite. I think Chistov will have more assists and points, while Parise will lead in goals. Though, it will be very close in all three departments.

This has to be one of the more accurate comparisons I've seen on here in a while. Both are small, crafty players and were highly rated in their draft years, despite the size factor.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I think Chistov has a higher upside cause he has the ability not sure if he'll ever reach it, maybe because he was thrown into the nhl to early but he still will probly be a good player in the NHL even if he doensn't reach his full potential. I'd say Parise doens't have as much potential but is a much safer bet to be a player in the NHL and a good one at that. I'd probly go with Parise.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It could be argued that Chistov has the edge skillwise, but personally, I don't even see that. Parise is just a better all-around player, and because of his grit, discipline, determination, and enthusiasm for the game will have a better career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad