Movies: Chips

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
sounds like a few of the original guys are pissed at the R rated retelling. According to the Director (dax mr kirsten bell sheppard) they did not want to have any of the original guys in unless it worked as part of the plot. Come back of course--" there's going to be a plot"?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
30-something here that watched reruns a lot as a kid. I always wondered when they'd do this, and here we are. I'll watch it on TV eventually. I suspect I'll like it enough to not be upset that I watched it, but not enough to watch it again or put it on any top lists of mine. Typical results for me with most movies. I do like Dax Sheppard though.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Pure heresy. I used to love the original ChiPs. You could see my house in the opening credits.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I watched CHiPs as a kid, but I don't remember enough specifics to be offended by this, which is probably a good thing. It doesn't look quite as bad as I expected (not that it looks good, mind you). I'll watch it when it comes on TV.

I didn't know a thing about this Dax Shepard until a few minutes ago. Apparently, he's the goofy white cop and he's also the one who directed the movie, which I'm having trouble wrapping my head around. He's also married to Kristen Bell, which explains why she agreed to be in this.

I expect it will flop hard at box office

It'll almost certainly flop domestically, but it might do pretty decently overseas. I imagine that CHiPs was kind of like Baywatch and popular in countries that couldn't get enough of American and, especially, Southern California, lifestyle in the 70s-90s, and some of that may carry over to the film because they're not as cynical about such things as we may be.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad