Child Prodigy

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I have noticed her at the U18 WC, but I had no idea she is playing with boys and dominating. She actually leads her U16 boys team in points.

But NHL? Certainly not. Women are never going to be fast enough or strong enough for that. Maybe if she is really really good she could play in the Slovak men's Extraliga. If they even allow it.
Just clicking on a handful of names on her boys team: She is listed at 5'7 and 146 lbs. Biggest on the team I saw by a good amount, and one of the leading scorers is 4'9 90 lbs.

That is to say, there are quite a few levels of hockey to go before we should be entertaining the idea of possibly playing in pro men's leagues.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Not sure would any consider this 13 year old, 2028 draft eligible 5 foot 6 / 119 lbs d-man a child prodigy but..
there is this kid called Otto Puhakka playing in the CSSHL U15,

1673766961381.png

He is the youngest player of his team, December 2009 born and almost certain that
he is the youngest player in the entire league, i have checked
not all of the players but, a lot and if there is no 2010 born 12 year olds
in that league then he should be youngest player.

he leads his team in d-men points with 12 (2+10) in 18 games

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
OK, you guys are going to laugh but I randomly came up on this.

I was searching Google if Erling Haaland ever played hockey in his youth, and this 2 year old Norwegian kid pops up. I thought it was a joke but here we are. I think the BBC did a report and they even have an interview with former NHLer Espen Knutsen.

His name is Mio Halvorsen.

Never thought I would bring up a 5 year old but LOL. :laugh: 1st overall in the 2036 Entry Draft for you REALLY early posters. :sarcasm:

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
What a name...

Peter Broccolini's family owns and operates one of the largest construction firms in Quebec, and needless to say is very wealthy.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Easily the best 2009 birth year kid I have seen is a kid named Landon Dupont from Alberta. You heard it here first!

Roman Marcotte is not a top 100 kid. Not even close.
I’m hearing DuPont is in consideration for exceptional status. I got a lot of crap for posting a kid that young a few months ago but the kid is ridiculously good. He is nearly 2 ppg playing up 2 years in the csshl.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I’m hearing DuPont is in consideration for exceptional status. I got a lot of crap for posting a kid that young a few months ago but the kid is ridiculously good. He is nearly 2 ppg playing up 2 years in the csshl.
looking back at the thread, there was no resistance for Dupont. I think it’s been common knowledge how talented he has been since willing the MVP at the brick a few years back.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
looking back at the thread, there was no resistance for Dupont. I think it’s been common knowledge how talented he has been since willing the MVP at the brick a few years back.
people werent giving crap about Dupont, just giving crap that we are talking about kids that young.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
people werent giving crap about Dupont, just giving crap that we are talking about kids that young.
Meh. Don’t mind the few ignorant comments on this site.

There are people out there always ready to listen, you just have to find the right audience that cares. Lucky most of the prospect section is respectful in this regard.

That’s why I post threads on these young players and give my 2 cents because I don’t think people realize just how helpful these threads can be for people trying to learn about the future of hockey.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It would be an interesting experience to visit HFBoards to read the hot takes from these 40-50yo dudes about your 9yo son.
Parents have posted in the OHL section on this board before. Suddenly bigging up their kid in their draft year. Kids parents really shouldn't promote him like that at that age. If a kid is good, especially in any populated region in Canada they will get accolades and noticed regardless of self-promotion. But, some hockey parents are truly insane, and any one who has witnessed a AAA GTHL game will atest to this. This isn't like high school kids making highlight tapes to send to recruiters to hopefully get a free-ride in football. I dunno, I guess some people find these threads interesting, but I find it off-putting talking about kids who aren't even old enough to sign up for this site based on the terms of service.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Most of the selection between those who will be professional players and those who will not is between 4 and 12 years old.

The best players of recent years were known from the age of 10-12.

If there are errors on performances misinterpreted by followers about very young players, there is rarely deception.

Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli have been known for many years.

Landon Dupont it's done. His journey is exceptional. Barring rare injury or crisis, it will not collapse.

Look at the names at the top of the Brick Invitational (U10) top scorer leaderboard: 1 Cole Caufield 2 Michael Misa 3 Jack Allgood (born 2012). Below: many well-known names.

At 10, a player is already evaluated, selected and in competition. How do you think the teams are made for international tournaments ?

If the organizers are not shy about exhibiting 10-year-old players in international tournaments and all this is mentioned on the net, I don't see why we should refrain from talking about a player before he has reached the CHL.

There is a difference between parents who put videos on their random son at 8 years old and us, who talk about the players who have objectively performed the most during the biggest international youth tournaments.

There is a big difference between exposing Roman Marcotte and evoking the sports performance of Landon Dupont.

If I say that Jack Allgood was the top scorer at the Brick Invitational last year, I'm talking about a fact that deserves attention. He is a player to follow for the next few years and his name will probably come out in the next events.

Especially since often the past explains how the player is perceived. You can't understand the current hype on Tomas Lavoie, for example, if you don't know how much this player seduced the scouts during his 4 Pee-Wee and Bantam years.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Most of the selection between those who will be professional players and those who will not is between 4 and 12 years old.

The best players of recent years were known from the age of 10-12.

If there are errors on performances misinterpreted by followers about very young players, there is rarely deception.

Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli have been known for many years.

Landon Dupont it's done. His journey is exceptional. Barring rare injury or crisis, it will not collapse.

Look at the names at the top of the Brick Invitational (U10) top scorer leaderboard: 1 Cole Caufield 2 Michael Misa 3 Jack Allgood (born 2012). Below: many well-known names.

At 10, a player is already evaluated, selected and in competition. How do you think the teams are made for international tournaments ?

If the organizers are not shy about exhibiting 10-year-old players in international tournaments and all this is mentioned on the net, I don't see why we should refrain from talking about a player before he has reached the CHL.

There is a difference between parents who put videos on their random son at 8 years old and us, who talk about the players who have objectively performed the most during the biggest international youth tournaments.

There is a big difference between exposing Roman Marcotte and evoking the sports performance of Landon Dupont.

If I say that Jack Allgood was the top scorer at the Brick Invitational last year, I'm talking about a fact that deserves attention. He is a player to follow for the next few years and his name will probably come out in the next events.

Especially since often the past explains how the player is perceived. You can't understand the current hype on Tomas Lavoie, for example, if you don't know how much this player seduced the scouts during his 4 Pee-Wee and Bantam years.
Excellent post - and welcome back to the site.

Reactions: DraftEligibleOHL

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Parents have posted in the OHL section on this board before. Suddenly bigging up their kid in their draft year. Kids parents really shouldn't promote him like that at that age. If a kid is good, especially in any populated region in Canada they will get accolades and noticed regardless of self-promotion. But, some hockey parents are truly insane, and any one who has witnessed a AAA GTHL game will atest to this. This isn't like high school kids making highlight tapes to send to recruiters to hopefully get a free-ride in football. I dunno, I guess some people find these threads interesting, but I find it off-putting talking about kids who aren't even old enough to sign up for this site based on the terms of service.
Then you can just scroll past and not talk about them like you already do, even though you have a wealth of knowledge and interesting opinions.

If the TOS was the guideline of when a thread SHOULD be made, we would start talking about kids post NHL draft.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Then you can just scroll past and not talk about them like you already do, even though you have a wealth of knowledge and interesting opinions.

If the TOS was the guideline of when a thread SHOULD be made, we would start talking about kids post NHL draft.
kids are allowed to post at like 13 or 14. I find the hype train for this stuff for kids under 14 pretty ridiculous and has a ton of bad actors promoting it (people like Pavel Barber, and people with vested interests in getting attention on these kids as skill coaches). And, then years later we get ridiculous threads about these kids saying they should be drafted when they haven't proven anything in years like Aito Iguchi.

The real issue here is, its a nightmare predicting these kids at 16. Like, the amount of kids who have ridiculous hype coming out of the GTHL like John McFarland or Josh Ho-Sang who basically amount to nothing despite people talking about them like they were pre-ordained to be 1st overall picks. At this age, short stocky kids who have hit puberty or are ahead physically tend to get massively hyped like say Jake Wise. I don't think it's a good thing for a majority of these kids bubbles to be pumped up to an insane degree when the most likely option is they fail to meet standards strangers put on them. There is a great book on how rankings of kids under like 14 or so was extremely toxic in AAU basketball called Play Their Hearts Out, Hockey is nowhere near as attention grabbing but I don't think it's a great phenomon and gives parents/coaches etc incentive to bring attention to their kids hockey careers at younger and younger ages.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Many people overestimate performance because they underestimate global talent density.

Aito Iguchi was exposed via video but no one knew what he was worth. People became interested in him because he was Japanese. If he was not at the level, other Japanese have a good level in the youth circuits. Not to mention NHL, these are players who have a much better level than previous Japanese generations.

A top 5 forward from his birth year in an Ontario midget league isn't worth much on a global scale.

But a guy like 12-year-old Maddox Schultz - that's unheard of. There are largely players who have preceded and who have proven. He is already a player to follow. And if scouts follow him for international tournaments, it's not a problem.

They are children but they are used to competition, to competition. And if they are too flimsy because there are posts about them on a very little-known site like hfboards, they won't be suitable for the media pressure in the NHL.

At 12, the best have already traveled the world to participate in international tournaments. They have the label of local champion.

The list is too exhaustive when it comes to prodigy.

In 2018, I thought Bedard, Michkov, Kiviharju and to a lesser degree Wright were among them. I have known for several years that Misa/McKenna/Roobroeck are the 3 best Canadian forwards born in 2007 and that they are better than the 2006s. The competition starts very early in this sport. So, in 2023 I want to know who are the best 2009/2010/2011 currently...

Reactions: Tube Skates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad