NFL: Chiefs a Dynasty If They Win SB 57?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Beat SF pretty good.

Mahomes MVP favorite as more passing TD's than Allen (Great QB. Not on Mahomes level).

Will likely have a cakewalk to the conference title game. (Note: Buffalo is only threat. No other legit AFC contenders out there).

My prediction is becoming more and more realistic each week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Beat SF pretty good.

Mahomes MVP favorite as more passing TD's than Allen (Great QB. Not on Mahomes level).

Will likely have a cakewalk to the conference title game. (Note: Buffalo is only threat. No other legit AFC contenders out there).

No it’s not, because the NFL is a week-to-week league. I mean, I’m pretty sure you said something about already moving on to the super bowl right before the Bengals came back down 21-3 in the AFC Championship Game, sometimes even week-to-week is generous. One year ago today the Chiefs lost 27-3 to the Titans and people were calling them cooked. A year ago next week, the Bengals lost to the Jets. No one has ever won a championship in Week 7, the tides in the NFL change all the time.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Beat SF pretty good.

Still won't be a dynasty.

Reactions: SniperHF

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would say yes given dominance and how its hard to build dynasties in traditional sense

Last 5 years

Won SB
Lost Conf Champ
Lost SB
Won SB
Lost Conf Champ

The dominant power in AFC

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
if they win next years Super Bowl...maybe you can consider them a dynasty....i Dunno.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Even if they win next year... don't you have to win 3 of 4 for dynasty status?
3 of 5 is close enough.

Terminology aside, they’re clearly the class of the NFL, and they’ve responded anytime people insinuate that someone else has claim to that. Not much more to ask for.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
3 of 5 is close enough.

Terminology aside, they’re clearly the class of the NFL, and they’ve responded anytime people insinuate that someone else has claim to that. Not much more to ask for.
Agreed here, especially with the other seasons ending in the AFC championship or Superbowl, not like they missed the playoffs or ducked out in the first round.

Not a dynasty yet, but damn close and a run that will be talked about either way.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've always stood by 3 in 5 being the loosest definition of a dynasty (or 4 in 7 or 5 in 9, etc.). Three titles in a timespan where you were better than the entire rest of the league combined.

And yes, that means I don't consider the 2010-15 Blackhawks as a dynasty. The Hawks board did coin that period as a "sovereignty" as term for an "almost dynasty."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad