Proposal: Chicago-Montreal

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:hawks
3rd OVR
2nd 2018 (38th-Chicago gets back their pick)
David Schlemko

:habs
8th OVR
Nick Schmaltz

Chicago gets an elite talent in *probably* Zadina.
Rightly or wrongly, Chicago has already 2 top 6C in Toews & Anisimov.

They get back an early 2nd pick to close the gap in value for giving Schmaltz to enter the top 3.

Schlemko is a valuable bottom pairing D-men, which is somewhat a need.

Habs trades back to pick a D (hopefully Hughes) & trade Pacioretty for a 1st + B prospect to a potential suitor (Edm at 10th, NYI at 11-12 or Dallas at 15) and draft Jesperi Kotkaniemi.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
No, would rather have Schmaltz and 8th. They should pursue an Anisimov trade if they want to get rid of a center.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No thanks. Schmaltz is a 50-60pt 2-way center who happened to lead the league this past season in takeaway/giveaway ratio. I don't think giving him up is worth moving up 5 spots, getting a 2nd, and Schlemko.

Reactions: COHawk

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Hawks fans are saying no to this ?

upload_2018-5-16_10-9-51.png

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
:hawks
3rd OVR
2nd 2018 (38th-Chicago gets back their pick)
David Schlemko

:habs
8th OVR
Nick Schmaltz

Chicago gets an elite talent in *probably* Zadina.
Rightly or wrongly, Chicago has already 2 top 6C in Toews & Anisimov.

They get back an early 2nd pick to close the gap in value for giving Schmaltz to enter the top 3.

Schlemko is a valuable bottom pairing D-men, which is somewhat a need.

Habs trades back to pick a D (hopefully Hughes) & trade Pacioretty for a 1st + B prospect to a potential suitor (Edm at 10th, NYI at 11-12 or Dallas at 15) and draft Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
Don't know the Hawks player that well so can't comment on that. But no way Hughes is there at 8. Habs would take Kotkaniemi at 8.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Schmaltz is not getting traded for that. I'd maybe do #3 and Mete for #8 and Schmaltz.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Schmaltz is not getting traded for that. I'd maybe do #3 and Mete for #8 and Schmaltz.

Intriguing, to be honest. I think at least one of the top-4-dmen-not-named-Dahlin in the draft will be available with that 8th overall pick all of which would be good targets for us. But idk, it's really up to how one sees the difference between Zadina and the 8th overall pick.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ya no the Habs will keep the 3rd overall, that is what they need to do.

Why the hell would the Habs drop back 5 spots and give up a young puck moving dman that they really need? They can get a center somewhere else while keeping Mete and Zadina.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Ya no the Habs will keep the 3rd overall, that is what they need to do.

Why the hell would the Habs drop back 5 spots and give up a young puck moving dman that they really need? They can get a center somewhere else while keeping Mete and Zadina.

Why the hell would the Hawks rise 5 spots and give up a young puck moving center that they really need? They can get a dman somewhere else while keeping Schmaltz and #8 pick.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Zadina would be nice but a young center is far more important because we have no one else in the pipeline. Schmaltz is coming along great with his development and I feel he could hit the 65 point mark next year easily.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Zadina would be nice but a young center is far more important because we have no one else in the pipeline. Schmaltz is coming along great with his development and I feel he could hit the 65 point mark next year easily.

If you keep the 8th pick, Who are the Blackhawks targeting as a center? And yes, I looked at who the Blackhawks drafted over the last few years and I agree... the need is a center.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Why the hell would the Hawks rise 5 spots and give up a young puck moving center that they really need? They can get a dman somewhere else while keeping Schmaltz and #8 pick.

Because of the talent at pick 3 is a notch up on what will go at 8...

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
If you keep the 8th pick, Who are the Blackhawks targeting as a center? And yes, I looked at who the Blackhawks drafted over the last few years and I agree... the need is a center.

We wouldn't draft a center because we have that in Schmaltz. We would either package the pick for a defensman or take the BPA.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We wouldn't draft a center because we have that in Schmaltz. We would either package the pick for a defensman or take the BPA.

Interesting. As a Habs fan I would be interested in trading down but it's hard to judge the value difference between the 3rd pick and the 8th pick.

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
Seen worst trade propositions but I doubt the Hawks do it. I don't think it's a hard no from either side but I don't see them doing it.

Also, as mentionned, I also highly doubt that Hugues is still there at #8. Habs probably regret this in the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad