Rumor: Chicago may deal Ivan Nalimov's rights

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He asked for a trade. The Hawks signed goalies because he was under contract for the next year. Now he got out of it and wants an NHL shot. Your ability to make everything Bowman’s fault is impressive.

Hawks should accommodate him by dumping Forsberg and giving Nalimov the #2 job

Dumping Nalimov because of Forsberg or Darling redux would be foolish

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
So they're going to trade the rights to some goalie prospect who is generally unknown outside of Chicago?
I can't even begin to think about how little they will receive in return.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio

Did you even read the article? Nothing in it remotely suggests that the Hawks are looking to deal him. He just asked for a trade.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
There’s a lot of confusion here, it seems. I think the thread title is a bit misleading, I didn’t see anything in the article suggesting that the Hawks were looking to move him, just that he wanted a trade because he didn’t see an opportunity for this next year in Chicago.

Reactions: SoCalFan

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There’s a lot of confusion here, it seems. I think the thread title is a bit misleading, I didn’t see anything in the article suggesting that the Hawks were looking to move him, just that he wanted a trade because he didn’t see an opportunity for this next year in Chicago.

Correct.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
KHL numbers are a little misleading the top 11 goalies in the AHL had .920 and above. Whereas the KHL's top 35 goalies had a .920 and above. Not saying he is not a good prospect especially for the 6th round. Just saying a lot of goalies put up good numbers there. Johansson who the hawks gassed put up a .938 Zalopski an ECHL goalie put up at .931

If they can a pick for his rights then I say green light

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

You don't just hand roster spots out. Nalimov should come over, try out for the team and beat someone out. This is on him, no one else. Spoiled kid, hope he never makes it if this is his attitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad