Friedman: Chicago, Colorado and Vegas interested in David Kampf

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
Czech him into the chicago bottom 6 rotation. Between Hossa, Panik, Kempny, Jurco, and Rozival someone can talk him into coming here. Hawks seem very keen on grooming euros with their native brethren, and it seems to work.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Who the hell would want to play for Colorado? :laugh::cry:

If I were a European free agent who has to sign an ELC, I would have to consider the depth charts of prospective teams. Hypothetically, cracking Colorado's (or Vegas') lineup immediately would be more probable than cracking Chicago's. That could be the difference between making $750,000 in the NHL versus $75,000 in the AHL.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Clearly an excellent player if he comes to my team and nothing special if he goes elsewhere.

Got me, know nothing about the guy. I'll trust our scouting department, though.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Well he can either pretend to hem and haw about signing with Colorado for 3 weeks, or sign with Chicago and be guaranteed 40-50 points next year, because that's how that works.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
his agent should be asking the tough questions

do you want to play for a team that will have to keep you in the lineup because of their awful salary cap situation and have a legit shot at winning a stanley cup and surrounding yourself with great players?

do you want to play in an arena where even your own fans will boo you because the team is complete garbage. everyone will hate you but you get to be off work early in april and still collect a cheque?

do you want to go to a team that will have exactly 0 superstar players to learn from. battle with other 3rd/4th liners for top line minutes while being surrounded by all the strippers, cocaine and parties that you can imagine?

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
31 points in 52 games in Czech Extra League... Well, he isn't probably good enough even for the AHL.
AHL is slightly better DEL with more hits and smaller rinks.
CZE Extraliga is not as bad as many people think, Sparta would have defeated Frolunda in CHL finals this year if not for the refs. It's right behind Liiga and NLA in terms of hockey quality.
In other words Kampf is very good enough to play the AHL. Not sure about the NHL though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
his agent should be asking the tough questions

do you want to play for a team that will have to keep you in the lineup because of their awful salary cap situation and have a legit shot at winning a stanley cup and surrounding yourself with great players?

That part is debatable. If that were the case, Kyle Baun would have been an NHL regular by now. Schmaltz/Hayden/Hartman/Hinostrozza will still be on ELCs next season and Tootoo/Kero are signed to cheap one way deals. If Kampf were a defenseman, maybe he'd have the inside track to being kept up (ie, Michal Kempny this season). But he'd have some competition up front.

If I were his agent, I'd be asking: Do you possibly want the downside of playing for their AHL team and earn 10% of what you could make elsewhere?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Hogs are probably the worst team in AHL with league low 18 ROW's

True. They were terrible this season. Most of their players had been pros for a number of years and were at best AHL caliber - not much in the way of prospects destined for the NHL in a year or two. Hartman, Schmaltz and Kero were already playing on the Hawks and Hayden went right to the Hawks after his college season ended. Forsling is almost sure to have an NHL career but he still may need another year. Motte showed some promise when he was with the Hawks for a couple months but he's borderline NHL caliber. Hinostroza is good enough to play in the NHL but he having a hard time finding a spot in the lineup so he may be back in Rockford next season.

But, there's optimism for next season in Rockford. The Hawks have a bunch of prospects that are very promising and most, if not all of them, will play in Rockford next season, or at least start the season there. DeBrincat, Fortin, Highmore, Bondra, Radke, Iocapelli, Louis, Knott, Pelletier, Snuggerud, and possibly one or two more when their season completes. Inexperience at the pro game - yes, but there's a bunch of high skill guys joining the team next season. It should be a better year for sure

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
31 points in 52 games in Czech Extra League... Well, he isn't probably good enough even for the AHL.

Huh?:huh:

Tomas Hertl, the year before scoring 25 point in 37 games in the NHL, scored only 30 points in 43 games in the top Czech league.

Ondrej Kase has appeared in over 50 NHL games this season. Two seasons ago, while playing in the Czech 2nd league, he managed just 21 points in 37 games.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Less points than Martin Erat in the same league. Probably couldn't even trade him for Filip Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad