GDT: Chicago @ Buffalo 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems the stupid of the 2-game rotation has held. Glad Asplund's team-best defensive play up front gets him pulled out of the lineup...

I will say that I'm intrigued by Fitz with Power. Fitz reminds me of Blankenburg in the small but combative way.

As for Clague... hope he shows more than he did in Rochester. Or pre-season. Or with Montreal.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Seems the stupid of the 2-game rotation has held. Glad Asplund's team-best defensive play up front gets him pulled out of the lineup...

I will say that I'm intrigued by Fitz with Power. Fitz reminds me of Blankenburg in the small but combative way.

As for Clague... hope he shows more than he did in Rochester. Or pre-season. Or with Montreal.
I’m glad Boosh is back on the 3rd pair. He just isn’t someone you want playing bigger mintues if you can help it.

He also got lost playing with guys who like to swap sides throughout the shift. Bryson can do it but didn’t do it much with Boosh. Once he (Bryson) moved up with some others who did. He started doing it again. Poor Boosh reminded us what a dman who looks uncomfortable on his off hand looks like. I felt bad for him. :laugh:

I’m hoping for a more physical game from him tonight with less minutes and less swapping sides.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm thinking this is a loss, the Blackhawks so far have looked the best amongst the supposed bad teams.

They don't really have a goalie or great defense but they are still scoring at a good rate and can keep up there.

Meanwhile it seems the Sabres used up all their offense apparently.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Hoping to get back in the win column tonight and end the losing streak at 2 games. That’s one area where I want to see growth this year. They can’t go on 3+ game losing streaks so often. They were much better in the last month of the season last year. In March they only had one stretch where they lost 3 in a row. That needs to continue this season. Good teams don’t lose bunches of games in a row. If they want to take a real step towards becoming a consistently good team, that’s a good place to start IMO.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Granato is weird, Asplund must play.
I said this on twitter I think he's trying to show every young guy he is gonna give them a fair shake if they have 1 bad game or 2 bad periods. Hopefully Olofsson is the next rotation out. I want Asplund in but I think there's more to this than stats this early in the year.

Reactions: Mr Orangeshirt

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Makes me wonder how long of a list they have for F player rotation.

Sheahan
Hinostroza
Quinn
Krebs
Asplund

Is Olofsson on that? Peterka?

Players definitely not on it:
Skinner
Thompson
Tuch
Mittlestadt
Cozens
Okposo
Girgensons

Maybe they give KO a 'maintenance day' soon, but his line has almost turned a few games around. Skinner finally scored a goal, and he's creating. Does Girgensons come out next?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Alright, that was enough slack. Time to right the ship for the next two.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Makes me wonder how long of a list they have for F player rotation.

Sheahan
Hinostroza
Quinn
Krebs
Asplund

Is Olofsson on that? Peterka?

Players definitely not on it:
Skinner
Thompson
Tuch
Mittlestadt
Cozens
Okposo
Girgensons

Maybe they give KO a 'maintenance day' soon, but his line has almost turned a few games around. Skinner finally scored a goal, and he's creating. Does Girgensons come out next?
Why is Mitts not on the rotation list? Doesn’t he have the worst cf% of all guys? Most giveaways? Im only making the point what is the basis of your list? KO has been bad and should be on the list before Girgs.

Reactions: Fjordy

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Really like the d pairings for this game better than I have since the injuries hit

Kind of forcing some players to play a role, like Bryson will defer to dahlin and Fitzgerald will know to play it a bit safer with power. Then let boosh do his thing on the 3rd pair

As others have said not liking asplund sitting, he is too good to be sitting

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Why is Mitts not on the rotation list? Doesn’t he have the worst cf% of all guys? Most giveaways? Im only making the point what is the basis of your list? KO has been bad and should be on the list before Girgs.
It's a good question. I think because he kills penalties, has a shorty, and has other short-handed opportunities.

Reactions: jc17

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Its still about growth and development with even more youth in the lineup. Chad D getting it wrong again. Color me shocked.
Even before injuries power was getting some very important minutes. The emphasis on development should be pretty evident, but I guess not

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Its still about growth and development with even more youth in the lineup. Chad D getting it wrong again. Color me shocked.
The idea of having other factors you can't quantify (in this case it's likely culture and locker room based for a young team) doesn't compute with them. I love Asplund, he should be in, but I trust Donnie to know what's best for developing young players.

This organization has been doing a great job of synching with their analytics department and trust their guys. Asplund isn't being punished.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Even before injuries power was getting some very important minutes. The emphasis on development should be pretty evident, but I guess not
Chad D and his posse are in a fit of pique over their boys Asplund and Pilut sitting. They‘ve got their knives out for Granato. I can guarantee you that if those two were playing and say Quinn/Clague were sitting. You‘d see very little complaining from them.

At the end of the day its fanboying on their part not actual analysis.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Chad D and his posse are in a fit of pique over their boys Asplund and Pilut sitting. They‘ve got their knives out for Granato. I can guarantee you that if those two were playing and say Quinn/Clague were sitting. You‘d see very little complaining from them.

At the end of the day its fanboying on their part not actual analysis.
These guys were grinding the Trade Dahlin axe alllll last year till the last 20 games.

Reactions: Dingo44

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Did Bear have a no trade list btw ? Why doesn't KA give up a 5th for him, salary, analytics, another player interest, stubborn stupidity (ie Clague in lineup) ?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Sabres don't have the lineup we'd prefer, obviously, but the Hawks have been playing over their heads. This is a very winnable game. Please proceed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad