Value of: Chicago Blackhawks at the Draft

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Chicago will be one of the more interesting teams to follow this Summer in regards to which direction they move in. After such a successful run, it’s inevitable that they were to take a few steps back. What exactly is their plan moving forward though? They have a lot of money tied up in Toews, Kane, Keith, Crawford and Seabrook. They don’t necessarily have any elite caliber talent behind their core and there are plenty of questions surrounding them.

There are certainly a few players on the team (Anisomov/Schmaltz/Debrincat) who can be contributors, but it doesn’t look like the right fit. After moving a young player like Hartman at the deadline for a draft pick, will they continue to sell off players on their roster? The two players I could see bringing back a large haul are Kane and Keith. Kane is young enough to outlast a retool but it’s unlikely Keith would. He’d draw a ton of interest around the league and could land Chicago a number of young assets.

Just for conversation, I think Philadelphia would be a great fit for Keith and they have a variety of valuable assets to choose from. What do Chicago fans expect from Bowman?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I don't want Bowman to move anybody major. Pretty much everyone on the roster had a terrible year, so I'm willing to see how they do next year before making any major moves. The Hartman move was mostly due to the fact that Nashville offered really good value (arguably overpayment) and the Hawks have a similar player in Hayden. The only move I want Bowman to make is trade Nashville's 1st and maybe something else for a Dman. Maybe get rid of Seabrook if they can, but that's unlikely.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
What do Chicago fans expect from Bowman?

Keep re-tooling on the fly. Use the own top pick in top-10, trade the latter first + assets like Krys and Murphy for very good 20-25 year-old Dman alà Trouba. Trade Anisimov for picks.

New coach. Wait for compliance buy-outs for Seabrook. Keep drafting and developing young guys and hope that Toews and Keith especially bounces back.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Disagree Hawks don't have Elite caliber talent after the core

Debrincat is what, 20 in his first pro season and already has 25 goals and likely 50+ points when he was buried on third line most of the year.

With consistent top 6 min, power play time, and further development he could easily be an elite goal scorer in the league and his vision/playmaking are already severely underrated

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Keep re-tooling on the fly. Use the own top pick in top-10, trade the latter first + assets like Krys and Murphy for very good 20-25 year-old Dman alà Trouba. Trade Anisimov for picks.

New coach. Wait for compliance buy-outs for Seabrook. Keep drafting and developing young guys and hope that Toews and Keith especially bounces back.
Why would teams trade quality players between 20-25 for the pieces that you listed?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
You don't think the Jets can get more for him?

I do.

I never said that my proposal would get Trouba. I said what Bowman should do imo.

Why would anybody in these boards willingly weaken their favourite team?

All of you and myself are always trashing about these proposals but never understand that no fan will never willingly make their favourite team worse. That is why people throw the proposals like that.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Will be interesting to follow Chicago over the next while. They have some decent young talent and I believe 2 1sts this year, going to be interesting to see what they do with them. Doubt very much they ever trade Kane, Toews or Keith.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Will be interesting to follow Chicago over the next while. They have some decent young talent and I believe 2 1sts this year, going to be interesting to see what they do with them. Doubt very much they ever trade Kane, Toews or Keith.
Yep, but the second one will be low. It's Nasvhille's 1st from the Hartman trade.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Habs would probably be desperate enough to be interested in Toews. What would be the asked return?

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
their roster as it stands next year

LW (9.3 mil)

Saad (6.0mill)
Duclair (1.3 mil)
Hinostroza (1.3 mil)
Hayden (1.3 mill)

C (17 mil)

Toews (10.5 mil)
Anisimov (4.55mil)
Schmaltz (925k)
Kampf (925k)

RW (17mil)

Kane (10.5 mil)
Hossa (5.275 mill)
Debrincat (780k)
Highmore (780k)

D (21.8 mill)

Seabrook (7 mill)
Keith (5.5 mill)
Murphy (3.8 mil)
Rutta (2.5 mill)
Osterle (650k)
Forsling (925k)
Gustafsson (1.2 mill)

Goal (7.5 mil)
Crawford (6mill)
Forsberg (750k)
Berube (700k)

As it stands they likely have 74 mil in contracts with those resigns of hayden, hino and duclair)

They likely move anisimov for a low 1st/early 2nd

That puts them in the 69mill range. They clearly are hoping Dylan Sikura will sign and can step in right away in the 3rd line center role from day one.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Wonder if they use the preds 1st to dump hossa's contract

The Hossa contract has value to a floor team. I’m not saying they’d get something back for him but they wouldn’t be giving much up. It would essentially be future considerations.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
The Hossa contract has value to a floor team. I’m not saying they’d get something back for him but they wouldn’t be giving much up. It would essentially be future considerations.

Exactly, it’s now closer to the Tim thomas trade than the datsyuk trade as the Hawks definitely have some wiggle room

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The two players I could see bringing back a large haul are Kane and Keith. Kane is young enough to outlast a retool but it’s unlikely Keith would. He’d draw a ton of interest around the league and could land Chicago a number of young assets.
Keith ?

He will be 35 next season and has 5 more years left @ $5.5M.

He wont land a number of young assets.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Gah, that Seabrook deal is the boat anchor when you look at it. If you clear that and can move Anisimov using an in house upgrade then you actually have room to work/improve.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Its a popular ask among people here but there is no way any of the big 3 (Kane, Toews, and Keith) are moved their value to the franchise is a lot more than what value they would get in a trade. That said with Schmaltz emerging and depending on Sikura signing Anisimov would be a likely piece that would get moved. His NMC turns into a NTC at the end of this season and was already asked reportedly to waive it at the TDL this season but Cbus only offered a 3rd. I think if there is a player that gets moved it would be Arty maybe at the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad