Chicago Blackhawks All-Time Great Roster

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Hey guys! Working on a series assembling the best possible Blackhawks roster in history. I'll keep it to this one thread, and post links to each position as I complete them. Centers are up!

Centers: http://thehockeywriters.com/chicago-blackhawks-all-time-great-roster-centers/

Left Wingers: http://thehockeywriters.com/chicago-blackhawks-all-time-great-roster-left-wings/

Right Wingers: http://thehockeywriters.com/chicago-blackhawks-all-time-great-roster-right-wings/

Defensemen: http://thehockeywriters.com/chicago-blackhawks-all-time-great-roster-defensemen/

Goalies:

Be sure to let me know what you think! Comments and criticisms are always welcome. Thanks for reading and have a good one.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Can't really disagree with that ranking. Before it's all said and done though, I think that Toews could pass Roenick, though not in points total.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Can't really disagree with that ranking. Before it's all said and done though, I think that Toews could pass Roenick, though not in points total.

Yep, I agree. Toews is another Selke, maybe a 90 point season, maybe another Cup, whatever from passing Roenick in my mind.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I agree that Stan should be #1. But I don't think point totals are the end all be all so even though Toews will not surpass the offensive stats of Savard or Roenick, his all around game and having captained and been the pivotal player on 3 Cup winners makes him #2 in my opinion.

1. Mikita
2. Toews
3. Savard
4. Roenick

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Too much stock being put into Roenick's and Savard's point totals while ignoring that Toews is playing in a lower scoring era. His three cups and individual hardware leapfrogs him over Roenick already and IMO puts him in contention with Savard.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Savard, gaudy point totals and all, wasn't the complete player that Roenick and Toews were/are.

1) Mikita
2) Toews
3) Roenick
4) Savard

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Interesting piece. I disagree with the bit about Roenick being "Toews before Toews", Roenick was more dynamic offensively but nowhere near Toews defensively. As a Hawks fan since the early 80's this would be my all-time team. I won't have anyone except the obvious legends from pre 80's. I never saw the guys from the 70's and earlier play so therefore can't properly judge them.

Hull-Mikita-Larmer
Secord-Savard-Kane
Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Darryl S.-Roenick-Amonte
Daze-T.Murray-Graham

Keith-Chelios
Wilson-Seabrook
Pilote-B.Murray
Hjalmarsson-K.Brown

Hall
Esposito
Belfour

Last edited:

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Savard, gaudy point totals and all, wasn't the complete player that Roenick and Toews were/are.

1) Mikita
2) Toews
3) Roenick
4) Savard

Agreed. Loved Savoir Faire, but would rather have the other centers to win. 5th, I would say Pit Martin among the guys I watched.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Hull Mikita Kane
Sharp Toews Hossa
Secord Savard Larmer
D. Hull Roenick Amonte
Martin

Keith Chelios
Pilote Seabrook
Wilson Hammer
Suter

Hall
Esposito

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Hull Mikita Kane
Sharp Toews Hossa
Secord Savard Larmer
D. Hull Roenick Amonte
Martin

Keith Chelios
Pilote Seabrook
Wilson Hammer
Suter

Hall
Esposito

I had my lineup more as a depth chart, but I like those lines. Secord to Savard to Larmer SCORES! I'm having flashbacks:laugh:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
A damn shame Max Bentley didn't have the longevity with the Blackhawks. He would definitely be up there.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
B. Hull - Mikita - Kane
Sharp - Toews - Larmer
Bentley - Savard - Hossa
D. Hull - Roenick - Amonte
Martin

Keith - Chelios
Wilson - Pilote
Murray - Seabrook
Stapleton

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
OP updated to include left wingers.

I appreciate all the input. I'm not a Blackhawks fan, but I do my best to put in a lot of research and analysis before putting these things together so as to not come across as uninformed. Your input helps that as well. Cheers.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Crazy to think about how many current generation Hawks would make an all-time Hawks team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad