Proposal: Chicago and Toronto

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Chicago trades: Connor Murphy and Artem Anisimov

Toronto trades: Jake Gardiner (50% retained), Josh Leivo and a 3rd round pick

This move clears $6+ million in cap room for Chicago, gives them a top 4 defenceman, and allows Stan Bowman to make that move that he's looking to make, according to media reports.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
no to retaining on gardiner and no to trading leivo and a 3rd. that i will be fine with

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
No trading Murphy but you can have anisimov for the low price of your first.

Last edited:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Gardiner is coming off a 52 point season making 4.05 with one year left on his deal.

Why on earth would Toronto need to retain on that?

Reactions: Leafidelity

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
How good is Murphy?

If he's a downgrade on Gardiner then this move isn't something the Leafs should be looking at.
murphy and gardiner are two completely different players. the leafs should take the downgrade on offense for an upgrade on defense on the blueline. murphy is more defensive and gardiner is more offensive. the leafs need more guys like murphy on the backend

Reactions: Cor

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Gardiner does not make up the difference of giving up a 2nd line center and a top 4 D.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Cant see why Hawks trades Muephy, he makes less then 4 mil and is signed longterm, Gardiner would want an raise, so the cap saved i wasted next season.

Leivo has no value atm or very low, Gardiner aint worth both guys

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Anisimov is only a 2nd line center on a team that can't afford a better one because of alot of money dedicated to a small number of players, at just below .5ppg for his career his production isn't enough to be a 2nd liner in a vacuum.

would rather just deal Gardiner for the best available package of futures, maybe make a pick deal for an Anisimov or a guy like him if Nylander isn't moving to center

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
He scored 31 last year on a terrible team with a rotating cast of wings no of which was Kane.

I don't understand why someone feels the need to lie on a hockey forum. Anisimov's most common linemate last season was Kane. Second most common linemate was Nick Schmaltz. Two scrubs, eh?

He also averaged over 2.5 minutes of PP time a game.

All that and 31 points.

Guy's an albatross. And you're lies are just pathetic and unnecessary.

Reactions: minisharkpanther

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I’d do that trade in a heart-beat without that retention. Gardiner would make our PP way better and if he is looking for big contract, he can go find it after next season.

And Hawks aint in cap hell, I would do that just because it would make Hawks better hockey team.

Basically the trade would be:

Gardiner, Stastny, Leivo and 3rd for Murphy and Anisimov.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
But game 7!!! derpidy derp derp!!!

By the way, my reason for putting Gardiner in there doesn't have anything to do with game 7. He's getting $6 million at least on his next contract.

I made the trade proposal and let me admit that I vastly overrated Anisimov. That and Connor Murphy's value is pretty low right now.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
I don't understand why someone feels the need to lie on a hockey forum. Anisimov's most common linemate last season was Kane. Second most common linemate was Nick Schmaltz. Two scrubs, eh?

He also averaged over 2.5 minutes of PP time a game.

All that and 31 points.

Guy's an albatross. And you're lies are just pathetic and unnecessary.

Anisimov rarely played with Kane last year as schmaltz was kane’s Center for the majority of the year. Save for that short moment where Q experimented with schmaltz on toews left side. The previous two years he was stapled to kane’s Wing even strength wise but practically was given no top line power play time. Last year he saw more Debrincat and Hinostroza.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad