Value of: Chicago 2019 1st for 2018 1st

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Chicago finished 7th from the bottom and picks 8 overall this year. If they wanted to move next years 1st for another one this year, what’s the highest number pick that would make it worth the gamle for the other team?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
AVS propose 16th and little more like Andrighetto

I had it in mind that I would do it for 15th or better just to get guys in the system before Toews and Kane get too old but yeah, that proposal works for me.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I would do it in the 20s if the 2019 has no protections.

20’s are good playoff teams. I don’t think the Hawks are going to make the playoffs at all next year. Pass on that.

And yes, no protections, if it is 1 overall, you get it.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If there isn’t a RH D that can skate and move the puck available at 10OA, then I would consider moving that 10OA for Chicago’s 1st (unprotected) next year.

So basically Quinn Hughes this year or have a good shot at his brother next year.
Yes I know it’s unlikely Hughes is available at 10 this year... let me have some hope.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Andrighetto is pretty bad.

I know, never liked him but even though I’d want 15 or better, I’d make an exception for 16 if that was the best offer.

That’s where I draw the line though, 16 is dead center of the 1st round, would not do it for 17.

What number pick would you do it for, if at all?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I know, never liked him but even though I’d want 15 or better, I’d make an exception for 16 if that was the best offer.

That’s where I draw the line though, 16 is dead center of the 1st round, would not do it for 17.

What number pick would you do it for, if at all?

Sorry, I didnt read your OP correctly. I thought you were trading our this years 1st for this years 15 and Andrighetto haha. Thought you lost it.

Not really sure. I’m kind of doubting that we are going to make playoffs next year because D is not likely getting better and Q is back = system has flaws.

I like next years draft a lot but if we would get player like Kotkaniemi, I would most definitely pull the trigger. Maybe even straight up because we really dont know next year.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Sorry, I didnt read your OP correctly. I thought you were trading our this years 1st for this years 15 and Andrighetto haha. Thought you lost it.

Not really sure. I’m kind of doubting that we are going to make playoffs next year because D is not likely getting better and Q is back = system has flaws.

I like next years draft a lot but if we would get player like Kotkaniemi, I would most definitely pull the trigger. Maybe even straight up because we really dont know next year.

Say we get a No. 16 doing this, Nashville gets bounced this round (No. 27), trade Anisimov to Toronto or something (No. 25).

Then just use our 3rd and other picks to move these 4 up a spot or 2 when we need to and hand select 4 key pieces to help lead the rebuild. Add that to what we have already, boom, you’re set and if these guys make it, they will be a big help to the cap with their ELCs.

Reactions: migi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad