Value of: Chiarot

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
With Edmunson and Weber we already have two big bodies and I would prefer a faster skater next to Weber.

Chiarot is a 4/5D, able to eat big minutes if your 1/2 LHD is injured but in no way a long term solution for your first line. Could be good next to a 2nd line pick moving RHD as a defensive shutdown Dman.

AAV is 3.5 for 1 more year after this one. What do you think his value is ? I would say something around Green value as a floor (2nd rounder) but in this context maybe his value is even less ? I hear Montour stock has been falling, would Montour for Chiarot work for either team ?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Not surprised to see this idea floated so soon after Bergevin overloaded the team with the same type of big immobile Dmen by acquiring Edmundson. Might work out well for them in the playoffs though.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
If Montreal could eat some of his cap, I'd like to see him back with the Jets. The only way that works is if Montreal can retain some salary though, as the Jets don't have the cap rom to take on 3.5 million this year.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If Montreal could eat some of his cap, I'd like to see him back with the Jets. The only way that works is if Montreal can retain some salary though, as the Jets don't have the cap rom to take on 3.5 million this year.

I wouldn't want him back, we let him walk bc he wanted too much money for a #5D......he's still a #5D with 1.5 years on that deal. He's arguably no better then Forbort and he's much more expensive. Only part I miss about Chariot is his physical play.......literally nothing else.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think they do since Little is on LTIR, right ?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
What are Montreal's team needs? (Vancouver would need to trade some cap too in order to fit his salary).
I'd be intrigued if he plays a tight game in his own end, to hold things down beside Quinn Hughes.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
What are Montreal's team needs? (Vancouver would need to trade some cap too in order to fit his salary).
I'd be intrigued if he plays a tight game in his own end, to hold things down beside Quinn Hughes.

The issue is that he is Left handed so I am not sure if he would be a fit in VAN, which is stacked with LHDs. I think due to Ferland being on LTIR, there is no cap issue in VAN. The thing I wonder is what kind of pick would be involved, I was thinking a bit more than the Green package (2nd) but of course not a first, but I wonder if there would be a large discount due to the flat cap.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
The issue is that he is Left handed so I am not sure if he would be a fit in VAN, which is stacked with LHDs. I think due to Ferland being on LTIR, there is no cap issue in VAN. The thing I wonder is what kind of pick would be involved, I was thinking a bit more than the Green package (2nd) but of course not a first, but I wonder if there would be a large discount due to the flat cap.
Now if Vancouver has something that Nashville would like a bit of a three way could be arranged . I honestly don’t know what but Montreal would give Nashville a first and second plus something from Vancouver. Chariot to Vancouver . Ekholm to Montreal .

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Now if Vancouver has something that Nashville would like a bit of a three way could be arranged . I honestly don’t know what but Montreal would give Nashville a first and second plus something from Vancouver. Chariot to Vancouver . Ekholm to Montreal .

The issue is that NSH fans want a lot for Ekholm and I don't think that MTL is so close to contention that I'd be willing to pay 1st + Guhle as they seem to want (even 1st +Guhle + for some of them)

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
The issue is that NSH fans want a lot for Ekholm and I don't think that MTL is so close to contention that I'd be willing to pay 1st + Guhle as they seem to want (even 1st +Guhle + for some of them)
I’m not considering guhle . Bergevin won’t go there . Still doesn’t mean we couldn’t get there attention with a first second ++ . Bergevin is unlikely to go there as well because he never robs from the future for today . In this case though Ekholm can be moved next year for a 1st + if he is not resigned so I don’t see huge risks involved compared to the immediate benefits .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I wouldn't want him back, we let him walk bc he wanted too much money for a #5D......he's still a #5D with 1.5 years on that deal. He's arguably no better then Forbort and he's much more expensive. Only part I miss about Chariot is his physical play.......literally nothing else.
That physical play from a 4/5 defenseman that can play shouldn’t be regarded so lightly . There definitely not free and at 3.5 for the minutes he can handle he’s not overpriced . Let’s not pretend he’s worthless now .

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With Edmunson and Weber we already have two big bodies and I would prefer a faster skater next to Weber.

Chiarot is a 4/5D, able to eat big minutes if your 1/2 LHD is injured but in no way a long term solution for your first line. Could be good next to a 2nd line pick moving RHD as a defensive shutdown Dman.

AAV is 3.5 for 1 more year after this one. What do you think his value is ? I would say something around Green value as a floor (2nd rounder) but in this context maybe his value is even less ? I hear Montour stock has been falling, would Montour for Chiarot work for either team ?
We got a 2nd last year for Scandella. But maybe a late first for Chiarot. Where he is not a rental

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That physical play from a 4/5 defenseman that can play shouldn’t be regarded so lightly . There definitely not free and at 3.5 for the minutes he can handle he’s not overpriced . Let’s not pretend he’s worthless now .

He's not worthless.
It's just that the minutes he's getting with Weber, and those he'll get should he play with Petry, are a little too much for him on a permanent basis.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He's not worthless.
It's just that the minutes he's getting with Weber, and those he'll get should he play with Petry, are a little too much for him on a permanent basis.
This is reasonable. I’d go for ekholm to replace chariot with Weber and have chariot anchor the 3rd pair . He can step up to in case of injuries

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

No point in my post did I say he's worthless.......I said the extra phyiscal play he brings over Forbort isn't worth the difference in cap hits.

Last edited:

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Chiarot isn't available .

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
He's not worthless.
Who has been the better player Chariot or Edmundson? Both seem to be similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad