benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
giphy.gif

serp

Jan 17, 2016

FlawedSnivelingHectorsdolphin-max-1mb.gif

Seriously if they fire Chia to bring back old failed Oilers GM's it'll just show where the real problem is and thats with ownership and upper management. Sure Chia sucks but everyone above him isn't any better.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I’ll be legitimately happy for Edmonton fans when he gets fired. He’s destroyed a once promising team and given a lot of false hope to a lot of people. His smug demeanor rubs me completely the wrong way, too.

After Chia is gone, we can all turn our attention to Melnyk and focus our energy together so he sells the Sens ASAP.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Why were they letting him sign 3 year contracts yesterday if they were going to fire him today? I mean sure, Koskinen may work out and as long as you're GM it's your job to be working towards the future, but if that future is going to be under a different GM the very next day then I dunno maybe have your next GM make the decision to sign a goalie to a 3 year deal.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wonder if it winds up being worth that dopey extension to Koskinen for Oiler fans to get Chiarell out of there.

Why were they letting him sign 3 year contracts yesterday if they were going to fire him today? I mean sure, Koskinen may work out and as long as you're GM it's your job to be working towards the future, but if that future is going to be under a different GM the very next day then I dunno maybe have your next GM make the decision to sign a goalie to a 3 year deal.

Could be that was the last straw. Otherwise yeah it's hilariously stupid timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad