Chia Addresses Media After Purcell, Schultz and Nilsson Trades 2-27-16

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Wants to see RNH, Draisaitl, and McDavid play all at once. I don't see RNH getting traded by the way Chiarelli was speaking. Nice to see his comments on Schultz as well. Given a little too much a little too soon and I know he's not good at defending.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Some interesting notes:

May acquire some D "to test drive"

Kicking tires on other GM's about potential deals beyond the deadline.

Still has things on the burner, if they go through great if not oh well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wants to see RNH, Draisaitl, and McDavid play all at once. I don't see RNH getting traded by the way Chiarelli was speaking. Nice to see his comments on Schultz as well. Given a little too much a little too soon and I know he's not good at defending.

Yeah I loved hearing that. He seems to have a lot of respect for RNH the way that he was speaking about him.

He also said that Klef should be back around the time that Nuge is.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Happy he jettisoned some dead weight but that defense needs a lot of work to be better than the worst in the league. Need at minimum 2 top 4 D before TC starts.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country

Also mentioned maybe acquiring a dman to "test drive".

From the sounds of the Michaels quote, I wonder if they are trying to get rid of Fayne. Ideally they upgrade from him in the offseason, so his salary and contract off the books could make it easier going forward.

For the test drive D-man...I'm assuming it's going to be a UFA D-man, not in the playoff picture, and I'll guess a puck mover/PP QB since we lack those.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Could be local boy Schlemko who is having "sort of" a break-out year and hitting UFA?

Honestly its hard to guess who he could have been talking about. Cryptic information to drop.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Could be local boy Schlemko who is having "sort of" a break-out year and hitting UFA?

Honestly its hard to guess who he could have been talking about. Cryptic information to drop.

I just came here to say what about Schlemko. Seems like a good fit.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
him trying to explain the florida pick was amusing--reminded of physics teacher one time to explain something

"I got a 3rd round pick in the '16 NHL draft for Teddy ****ing Purcell with no salary retained, does it really matter which one *****es?" Drops Mic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad