Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VAN] Anthony Beauvillier for 2024 5th round pick

Feb 19, 2018
I’ll add to Islander fans when traded that he shoots right at the chest of goalies all the time instead of pick corners. Good luck Chicago as you’ve had some luck on Vancouver Cap dumps.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s a good hockey player and well worth the 5th round pick. They can turn that into a 3rd or 4th at the deadline, or keep him with a new contract.

Vancouver now has Hronek, Raty, Mueller and a 5th for Horvat minus a higher 2nd rounder. It really has turned into a Hronek for Horvat trade. They’d be lucky to get the 43rd pick in a draft for Raty. At best, it would even out value wise.

It is a great move for the Canucks though. He fit in nicely when the trade happened but not so much this year. That cap space, gets them a Dman now. I’m gonna guess sooner than later now.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hopefully he can pull a Jason Dickinson and rejuvenate himself on a depleted Hawks team. We need the warm bodies anyway.

Enjoy the cap space Vancouver. I'd say enjoy the 5th round pick, but the cap space holds infinitely more value.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I liked Beauvillier, competent middle six forward but making too much thanks to a patented Lou Lame-o 4mill caphit. If the Canucks had room in their top six for him i think he would have done better at this point you gotta be happy with the cap space.

He'll do well with Bedard, I think, and maybe he gets traded to a contender at the deadline as a rental.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
If Mik is hurt long term, maybe a little too premature to trade him.
Why? Hoglander ought to get a bigger role as it is, and he's got the energy and skill to fit well in Mikheyev's speedy, forechecking role. PDG too, now that he's back in the top-6.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Eww bear, I rather get Tanev or Zadorov lol
Bear is free.Zadorov or Tanev will not be.

Bear for free? Meh...don't see that he offers a lot that we don't already have.

Tanev/Zadorov...seems like the market is pushing these 2 outside good value right now.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If Mik is hurt long term, maybe a little too premature to trade him.

Meh.

Rather move Hog or Lafferty up and call up Bains (when healthy) to give him a taste of the NHL.

Also sounds like Mik will be fine.

Bear is at worst an upgrade on any one of Juulsen, Friedman or McWard.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Bear is free.Zadorov or Tanev will not be.

Tanev/Zadorov...seems like the market is pushing these 2 outside good value
Maybe bear for league min. Is fine. Should not sign for more

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Meh.

Rather move Hog or Lafferty up and call up Bains (when healthy) to give him a taste of the NHL.

Also sounds like Mik will be fine.

Bear is at worst an upgrade on any one of Juulsen, Friedman or McWard.
I would love to hope that is the case, but coming off an injury and getting up to game speed....added to the fact others have half a season and maybe have become better players makes me hope for a LOT more than Bear being added to the blueline. His skill set wasn't a slamdunk

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Cap dump and didnt fit in the Canucks top 6. Pointless to have him in the bottom 6. Cap space needed to pickup another Dman.

As mentioned the Hawks can flip him later if needed. Nucks will need the space and don't need Beau.
Technically not a cap dump though. A cap dump woukd have negative value so requires assets added to move and (or) retention included. Beau V returned positive value. Personally, I’m quite surprised there was no retention or a pick added to him. Imo he isn’t a 4 mil player.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Is Bear really a more impactful player than Beauvillier?
To the Canucks, for sure. They've needed to move a forward for awhile in order to be able to address the D. [Insert Perry joke]

Beauvillier is not a bad player and in a vacuum I believe he carries more value than a 5th rounder. Just not to the Canucks in a flat cap environment.

To Chicago he fills a need and comes at a low cost. Win-win.

Really happy we didn't pay to get cap space this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad