Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To :flyers
G Corey Crawford (50% retained)

To :hawks
G Brian Elliott
Flyers 2020 or 2021 2nd round pick (Flyers choice at draft)

Hawks get a 2nd round pick while Flyers get a two time cup winning goalie to upgrade position and provide some more stability as Hart has been up and down and Elliott has sucked

I believe Crawford still has a run in him (Has been good for Hawks rotating with Lehner) and would be willing to waive NMC for Philly as Hawks are fading out of playoff race

Both he and Elliott are UFA's after season

Reactions: Larry44

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Why does Philly get to choose when the pick is? You want something, you pay for it.

Other than than, sure, why not.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why does Philly get to choose when the pick is? You want something, you pay for it.

Other than than, sure, why not.

Some GM's like certain drafts so I left it as option for Flyers

+ If they miss playoffs this year they may want to keep it over next years if they feel they will be much better next season

For Hawks getting 2nd in either year is solid pickup as team is rebuilding

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would do it. Elliott is playing below what he did his first two years in Philly. Some people don't realize this because the team is winning in spite of his poor performance.

In 17-18 + 18-19 his ES SV% was .923.

This season it's .908.

In 12-13 Bryzgalov had an ES SV% of .907.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS and Larry44

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

G Brian Elliott

Hawks get a 2nd round pick while Flyers get a two time cup winning goalie to upgrade position and provide some more stability as Hart has been up and down and Elliott has sucked

I believe Crawford still has a run in him (Has been good for Hawks rotating with Lehner) and would be willing to waive NMC for Philly as Hawks are fading out of playoff race

I would love to see Elliott leave asap.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

G Brian Elliott

I’d like to see a trade around Saad and lehner

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The values probably fine, but I'm not sure this moves the needle for the flyers overall. I get that some people are willing to send picks for a playoff win, but we arent realistic contenders so I dont personally get the point.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
What is Crawford’s value by himself?

Seems like he would be worth more than this, but I could be wrong I don’t watch a lot of Hawks games.

Also, what’s his contract like?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

G Brian Elliott

Kudos for making an offer you have to go hmm on. I think I would hold the pick/use different rental as if all goes well Crawford would not play in playoffs. But if trade were completed I wouldn't hate it. Solid proposal.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
What is Crawford’s value by himself?

Seems like he would be worth more than this, but I could be wrong I don’t watch a lot of Hawks games.

Also, what’s his contract like?
Contract is ugly 6m cap 5m base but fa end of year. Why to work Chicago has to retain 50%. Crawford at this stage is 1a goalie and not a 1. If similar offer out there to the Avs they probably have to do it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think the upgrade from Elliott to Crawford is worth a 2nd considering Crawford would be the backup come playoff time if we make it.

In the last 6 years the Flyers done really well with 2nd round picks..whether they keep them (Aube-Kubel, Hart, Allison) or use them in deals to trade up to draft great players or prospects (Konecny, Ratcliffe, Brink).

Something like Crawford (50% retained) for Elliott + 3rd is the most I would go. Maybe slap some conditions on the 3rd that upgrades it to a 2nd if we win 2 rounds and Crawford plays a certain amount of playoff games? At least then we know we lost that 2nd but gained tangible valuable playoff experience for the young guys on the team.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
true, i guess is that ability they lose worth a 2nd or not?
It's possible they could get a 3rd just for his rights. I think Crawford could potentially get a 2nd, so i'd rather try and deal him and sign Lehner than trade Lehner for only slightly more and lose that ability.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I would do it. Elliott is playing below what he did his first two years in Philly. Some people don't realize this because the team is winning in spite of his poor performance.

In 17-18 + 18-19 his ES SV% was .923.

This season it's .908.

In 12-13 Bryzgalov had an ES SV% of .907.

I could be looking up the wrong stats, but I think Hart and Elliot have near identical ES SV% in the .880s

I just don't think Elliot is trash, but he's not my #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad