Trade: [CHI/ORL] Nikola Vucevic and Al-Farouq Aminu for Wendall Carter Jr, Otto Porter, 2021 and 2023 1sts

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Vucevic is a fantastic player but this doesn’t seem like a great deal for CHI. Lavine/Vucevic won’t get it done and I’m pretty sure Vucevic is a FA this season.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Vucevic is great, but this move makes no sense for the Bulls. It just moves them into the realm of teams not sucky enough to get good picks and not good enough to win a damn thing.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Vucevic is a hell of a player, sucks to lose him. It's a solid haul for the Magic though, just sucks to deal your 3 best (healthy) players in a year where things started off really encouraging. Injuries really blew this team up.

Reactions: Hawkman

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Vucevic is great, but this move makes no sense for the Bulls. It just moves them into the realm of teams not sucky enough to get good picks and not good enough to win a damn thing.
In the east? Idk, it's gonna be interesting, they got Williams and Colby White with quite high ceilings. I think at this point the team just needs to make the playoffs, they should be getting there now at the very least.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This is a good haul for Magic. I didn't like their other 2 deals.

Reactions: bov

bov

Nov 13, 2010
WTF is the Magic's starting lineup now? :rolleyes:

Anthony*
Carter
Porter
Harris
Ross

Edit-Forgot about Ross

Birch may be the short-term replacement for Vucevic but its anyones guess how this lineup shakes out. The one benefit is that it gives the young talent some time to solidify significant roles. If the Magic play their cards right, should be a dangerous team down the road.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Anthony*
Carter
Porter
Harris
Ross

Edit-Forgot about Ross

Birch may be the short-term replacement for Vucevic but its anyones guess how this lineup shakes out. The one benefit is that it gives the young talent some time to solidify significant roles. If the Magic play their cards right, should be a dangerous team down the road.

Jeff Teague will start. Ross off the bench.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Anthony*
Carter
Porter
Harris
Ross...
Thanks

artworks-000374301030-bq8m7e-t500x500.jpg

Cole Anthony
Wendell Carter, Jr
Gary Harris
Otto Porter, Jr
Terrence Ross

Okay, that's the str8 trash starting lineup the Magic are throwing out there. Is it really an NBA starting lineup? Should it be allowed? Could they beat Gonzaga? Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Cole Anthony
Wendell Carter, Jr
Gary Harris
Otto Porter, Jr
Terrence Ross

Okay, that's the str8 trash starting lineup the Magic are throwing out there. Is it really an NBA starting lineup? Should it be allowed? Could they beat Gonzaga? Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel.
Lol it's not significantly worse than the Rockets, Pistons or Wolves. Wolves obviously have the most potential with D'lo, KAT and Edwards though.
Magic also have Isaac and Fultz, they will be an interesting team to follow because those 5 plus those 2 healthy and a great lottery pick could be something of value

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Lol it's not significantly worse than the Rockets, Pistons or Wolves. Wolves obviously have the most potential with D'lo, KAT and Edwards though.
Magic also have Isaac and Fultz, they will be an interesting team to follow because those 5 plus those 2 healthy and a great lottery pick could be something of value
Magic have upside, just got pushed a bit further down the road. The Vucevic loss is big, that delays things a bit. Fournier and Gordon, I can live with, and kind of expected that. Just not sure if they have a suitable replacement for Vuc anytime soon but at least they have options, whether it be from within or the draft.

I love the way Cole Anthony plays. Fultz is a treat to watch and while the injury is a concern, he is a hell of a player. Similar situation with Isaac. I hope they add an established vet to fill the void left by Vucevic/Gordon in particular but again, someone will get the chance. My only complaint is that Orlando was not far off, imo, at the beginning of the season but they decided to blow it up entirely mostly due to injury.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Wasn't high on this trade for Orlando as I didn't think they should be blowing up, but they definitely did well to get the 8th pick here. Anthony, Carter, Fultz, Isaac, and these two picks make up a good enough young core. They also have Bamba if he ever figures it out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad