Trade: [CHI/NYK] Derrick Rose to the Knicks

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Getting Rose out of lockeroom and no longer having to deal with his rotten attitude and brother is a big +

And that good vet C and young rotation guard are more valuable to Bulls going forward then Rose

We'll find out about the locker room issues soon enough. There's plenty of people out there who believe Butler is the main cause of that.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I mean, unless they bottom out their roster (trading Butler), this trade puts them in NBA purgatory. The dreaded 8-10 finish.

If you are going for a rebuild, why not keep Rose and see if he can improve throughout the season. Worst case scenario, he doesn't, so you let him walk next year and get some serious financial flexibility.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Woj said he thinks the Knicks gave up too much and other executives agree with him. He said there was no market for Rose and the Knicks could have waited and likely gotten him for less later on.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Typical Knicks move - trade for a past his prime/peak player with a giant contract. Rose will never be an elite player again, but I guess if you have over 30 million in cap space - devote half of it to an over-the-hill player!

This trade is basically an even money swap. Knicks still have tons of cap room.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We'll at least it makes things a bit interesting for us...
Only one year left on Rose's deal, so it's not too big of a risk.
Lopez is a decent player on a good deal but we're **** with him and we'll be **** without him. Don't really mind this but, I get a sneaking suspicion that we're going to make a play for Dwight which will certainly make us title contenders in 2011.

If Dwight signs for the Knicks, I'm going to have to put Darko on my ignore list.

I'll play nice.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Woj said he thinks the Knicks gave up too much and other executives agree with him. He said there was no market for Rose and the Knicks could have waited and likely gotten him for less later on.
End of the day they got the PG they wanted and didn't give up anything too bad. RoLo might have brought more in a different trade, but Grant is still an unknown. Not terrible considering what they were looking for.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Bit harsh.

It's not his fault he's made out of glass.

But it *is* his fault that he took off several months of the 12-13 season because he didn't "feel like it". Not to mention this whole business with Butler. Even *if* Butler is the worse of the two (which itself is no guarantee), you can't be busting his balls when you play as poorly as Rose was playing.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
I'm seeing a lot of bad posts in this thread.
Personally, I ignore HF clowns and look towards the opinions of people who matter.
Like Gilbert Arenas for example. And I quote...

no.chill.gilHold up wait a min.....I take a nap and wake up to this **** here.... #Drose just got traded for #Calderon and #RobinLopez ? #HUH #ayeshacurry the NBA must be rigged girl lol #philJackson just got derrick rose for(two scratch and sniff lotto tickets,one of shawn kemp 9 kids and bootleg copy of #riri cd (music of the son WITHOUT #PonDeReplay )im not saying #chicagobullsGM is doing #crack,all im saying is this move was very CRACKISH....this is like tipping a crackhead outside a #nightclub for waving you over 4 the FREE PARKING SPACE(I was saving this for you big man) #YouJustDontDoIt this is embarrassing CHICAGO....I could have giving u a better deal then what you got....I need derrick rose on my #YMCA team so ill give u ( the cell phone #deangelorussell used to film his teammates confession last season,I have clear sound bite from when #royhibbert got slapped in preseason by #trevorbooker..u can clearly hear him say #OUCHHHHRacial SlurThatHurts and ill throw in two #AllAccessPasses to go see meek mills Back stage in #toronto during #ovofest hahaha do we have a deal CHICAGO?? Im sorry yall but Phil jackson must have a tape of the bulls GM playing with #caitlynjennerBalls or something to agree to that trade #PhilRealMVP #BlackMailTrade??

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG-hdpMvP94/

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
NY papers with the same idea. :shakehead

nydn.CoverContent

bplcf23.jpg

p1lcf23.jpg

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I take it back, this is actually a good deal for both sides. Bulls move on and Knicks take a 1 year flyer on Rose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad