Proposal: CHI-MTL

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Habs wanted to just dump Weal, they would attached a 5th round pick to any team that wants him and his 1.4M one year contract.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Take out weal and change the third to Chicago’s own third coming back.

You think Kampf will return a high 3rd/2nd on his own? Weal is in there to make the cap work, and he'd be a useful player on a rebuilding team for one year.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
If Habs wanted to just dump Weal, they would attached a 5th round pick to any team that wants him and his 1.4M one year contract.

Sure, but then I'm giving up a little more to get Kampf. I'm okay with Evans or Poehling but he'd be a good 4C option, great on draws.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I agree, and we have our homegrown version of Kampf for cheaper in Evans to

I'm okay starting out with Evans as 4C, but he is waiver exempt and was 44% in the faceoff circle in the playoffs. Kampf was 58% on faceoffs in the playoffs, this would be nice to have and would take pressure off Danault's line to take all the Dzone starts.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I'm okay starting out with Evans as 4C, but he is waiver exempt and was 44% in the faceoff circle in the playoffs. Kampf was 58% on faceoffs in the playoffs, this would be nice to have and would take pressure off Danault's line to take all the Dzone starts.
How many faceoffs? If he keeps struggling ok but the playoffs was a very small sample size. I think Evans can be an efficient defensive forward. He was used in all situation in Laval and did well.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
May actually take a little more. Forget about KAMPF. Make it a third 2021 and weal for a 2022 5th. Frees a contract spot and returns a lesser pick in a better draft

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yeah I like your logic here forget what I said about kampf

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Burying Weal saves us at least the same amount of cap and we don't need to give up a 3rd.

Only if we don't replace him on the roster. If we replace with a minimum salary player, we only save 375k. Kampf gives us a probably better player and is completely buryable if he doesn't fit.

EDIT: 3rd is a bit rich though. Conditional pick based on Kampf games/point could be good. Start at 5th and go to 3rd if he does real good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad