Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] F Frank Nazar signs ELC with the Blackhawks (3 years, $950k AAV)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Does his contract start this year or next?

$950,000 for three games?
Depends if he plays.

Considering Richardson was watching/scouting Nazar's game the other night, I'd imagine the plan is to bring him in before the season ends.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He and Bedard are gonna be special together. If they get Celibrini too. Wow
If San Jose doesn't get Celebrini might as well move the Franchise elsewhere cause no one is going to give a shit...besides that I think Nazr should have stayed in College another year he's awfully small and has really only played 1 year injury free the past 2 so...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If San Jose doesn't get Celebrini might as well move the Franchise elsewhere cause no one is going to give a shit...besides that I think Nazr should have stayed in College another year he's awfully small and has really only played 1 year injury free the past 2 so...
I agree with Nazar staying another year. He can also start the year in the AHL as well

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Looks like it's for this year

Players get paid per day on the roster, so assuming it's registered and kicks in today and he stays on roster until the end of the season, April 18, he will get paid for 5 days - so, with some napkin math, I think he'll be making $24,739.58 for these three games/5 days not counting per diems, and before any dues, deductions, and taxes ($19,791.67 if he doesn't get paid until registration kicks in tomorrow)

EDIT: Oh, forgot to factor in the signing bonus - so it's probably more like $22,265.63 for 5 days + $95k signing bonus

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

Starts this year and is prorated.

This is actually a good thing for both team and player. If the team is confident he will be a key piece getting him off the ELC and onto a team friendly deal before he finishes developing is highly valuable. And for the player it gets them their big paycheck a year sooner.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Love it. Also means he can start in the AHL next year too on the top line barring a good camp. I hope he really shows out these last 3 games.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

Looks like this year and it'll be burned. As I understand it, the signing bonus is paid in full but the salary is prorated for the time he's on the roster.

Do he’s $35,000 in actual salary his immediate signing had to be the selling point

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Very happy as Hawks fan to get kid out of Michigan and started with his professional career

Will be nice to see him get some NHL games and know he will be in camp to compete for regular role next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad