Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] F Corey Perry signs extension with the Blackhawks (1 year, $4M)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I get trying to get some vets around Bedard but in this cap environment spending $8 million on Foligno and Perry while many teams are willing to move out good players for basically nothing or the option to buy good players for under market value this just seems a wasted opportunity to me.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Hawks should hold a lottery. Sell tickets and draw and the winner gets a contract. Get up to the cap floor and make a random fan rich. Win win

Pretty sure Hawks ownership would make sure that they would make money from this even after paying out the contract.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I get trying to get some vets around Bedard but in this cap environment spending $8 million on Foligno and Perry while many teams are willing to move out good players for basically nothing or the option to buy good players for under market value this just seems a wasted opportunity to me.
1-2 year deals are valuable currency right now. To get players willing to sign to get to the floor and provide some vet support, while requiring no longterm commitment that could limit future flexibility means a lot in the moment.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Chicago will still have 20m in space after this signing. They can keep taking on a bunch of dead cap for assets

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
The Hawks will reach the floor and have 20.9 million in cap space after this signing with a roster of 17.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Foligno and Perry at 2 mil each is something a GM is going to overpay for at the deadline especially if they’re both at ~40 points by March getting some PP minutes with Bedard. I bet they get at least a pair of 2nds for the both of them.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Pretty obvious the Ducks are following the Pittsburgh model of initially insulating their generational talent with veteran leadership and proven winners until they come into their own versus the Edmonton model of throwing them straight into the fire while surrounding them with AHL'ers.

They're 1 year deals that can be easily be flipped at the deadline for and extra pick. It's just smart management.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad