Confirmed with Link: [CHI/EDM] Hawks acquire F Liam Coughlin for G Anders Nilsson

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've heard of those names before.

.... that's my limit to this hockey conversation. Watch this be an intolerably bad trade to a few folks somehow, though.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
So Nilsson privately threatened to go back to Europe or something?

Otherwise - why?

BlackhawksFan615

Jul 5, 2015
Meanwhile, Johnny Oduya is waiting for us to clear cap space for him.. Why wait to trade Sharp for a first-rounder when it will just be traded for a 75 year-old D-man with mono at the deadline?? Apparently David Rundblad is the second coming of Niklas Lidstrom in Bowman's alternate universe... :help:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Saw we had another trade and thought maybe the Sharp/Bickell stuff went down. Don't know much about this kid, will have to do a little research

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Meanwhile, Johnny Oduya is waiting for us to clear cap space for him.. Why wait to trade Sharp for a first-rounder when it will just be traded for a 75 year-old D-man with mono at the deadline?? Apparently David Rundblad is the second coming of Niklas Lidstrom in Bowman's alternate universe... :help:

Oh no.
There is another one among us.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
So Hawks G depth in organization went from

Crawford
Darling
Raanta
Leighton
Carruth
Nilsson
Nalimov

To

Crawford
Darling
Leighton
Nalimov

To be fair, Carruth was never going to be anything great. Raanta was gonna waste away in the AHL, and Nilsson didn't want to play in the AHL.
Not much Stan can do when he has our two guys in the NHL and Leighton playing well for Rockford. Just need to sign some young G prospects or get more in trades

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Obviously Nilsson had zero interest in the AHL..so may as well get something for him, because he won't be in Chicago as long as Crow and Darling are here.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Probably puts the final nail in the coffin for all the ridiculous Crawford rumors and speculation

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
My guess is Hawks wanted him in Rockford as the #3 and Nilsson didn't want any part of that.

I believe Hawks have his NHL right until June 2016. So they had to trade him this offseason to get something back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad