Confirmed with Link: [CHI/DAL] Patrick Sharp, Stephen Johns traded to Stars for Trevor Daley, Ryan Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
There has got to be something we're missing.

Probably what's missing is the fact that posters on this board have zero idea what Sharp's trade value was (though it's easier to guess now), that posters here have little ability to judge talent as well as the NHL experts, and that posters have won zero Stanley Cups for their ability to post.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Sure thing. When Daley is ****ing up and Garbutt is being useless you will surely sing the same tune. Johns isn't anything to be worried about losing either too, huh?

You sound like BWC right now, which is a surprise because normally you're quite level headed and unemotional. I'll cross that bridge if/when it does occur. Until then, I'll reserve judgement about what type of player Daley or Garbutt will be playing for the Chicago Blackhawks.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
No, its related to the posters that beat the physicality drum constantly and cite the perceived lack of physicality on the Hawks as their inevitable downfall as a hockey team.

It's not about physicality, but you need guys that can win battles, protect the puck and skate. That's what made Saad so good.

The Kopitar's, Toews', Hossa's, etc. of the world.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm going off past performance (and it's not a small sample size). Johns is the piece I am most pissed off about. There is absolutely no reason he should have been included.

Apparently we valued Patrick Sharp more than other GMs did.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I don't think anyone is supporting this trade, its just how many times can people post the same "it sucks" over and over and over again? We get it everyone, and everyone agrees. Posting it sucks for the 1001st time isn't going to change the trade or make it better, its just fueling more and more rage. At some point you either look at what has happened and accept its over and move on or stop supporting the team in protest of Stan Bowman. Is this thread going to stay open and active with this rage for 5 years?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He's not on a list, ergo he's not good. Sound logic and analysis. I can't wait for your witty reparte.

He's not on top prospect list so you respond to that meaning it's saying he isn't good..

Why do so many people just instantly result to black and white communication. It's so futile. No it simply means the level of what the comment actually is saying. He worse to a higher status to some fans recently than he had to them the last 2-3 years..

Why are people convinced Johns is some "stud" now? He wasn't really seen as such before and sure he was thought of higher because he has a quality the Hawks don't have much of.. but perhaps they don't have it also because they don't exactly value it in that role. Q doesn't usually want his D to play the physical game but likes it more out of bottom 6 guys.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
As I said earlier, considering how little the Hawks saved against the cap, they had no reason to trade Sharp now.

They gave up the best player today, and the best player long-term in the deal. It's a bad joke. It's Cam Barker, in reverse.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
There has got to be something we're missing. If not, how could Stan's inner circle, scouts, and close advisors not convince him to stop himself from making this deal?

From Chris Kuc Twitter, "First I heard (and reported) of the Stars' interest in Patrick Sharp was June 23. So that deal took a while to come together. #Blackhawks"

I'm sure no one wanted to do the deal. Stan probably laughed June 23 if he heard Johns was involved. Stan couldn't move Sharp quickly and ran out of options. The NHL has a hard cap. Pretty clear the Dallas was running the show on this one.

I think the Hawks locked up TVR last week when it became apparent Johns might have to go.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
He's not on top prospect list so you respond to that meaning it's saying he isn't good..

Why do so many people just instantly result to black and white communication. It's so futile. No it simply means the level of what the comment actually is saying. He worse to a higher status to some fans recently than he had to them the last 2-3 years..

Why are people convinced Johns is some "stud" now? He wasn't really seen as such before and sure he was thought of higher because he has a quality the Hawks don't have much of.. but perhaps they don't have it also because they don't exactly value it in that role. Q doesn't usually want his D to play the physical game but likes it more out of bottom 6 guys.

I'll ignore the Q stuff...

I say he is a stud because I watched him. And because I read other people that watched him. And what more evidence do you need than the guy who traded for him?

It's sad that people here can't for the life of them admit a trade isn't good. Defend everything the team does to the death I suppose. Hell, me and HS never get along but we both agree this trade sucks. That should say something.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
So we have a kid who has yet to play a full NHL season on 1st line , A kid who has yet to play in NA and a 3rd line C on 2nd line and spare parts on 3rd line

Yeah that is not very good

Seriously the fact Bickell + Shaw are wingers for TT on your roster basically means a wasted year for TT

What a wonderful roster Stan has built :shakehead

Here was the roster after Carcillo got hurt in 2013

Saad (rookie)-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland (3rd line center on 2nd line)-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg (Spare parts according to you)

How is that any better? I know you thought the 2013 team would be terrible. Maybe you'll be right this time.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I think we can all agree that Stan panicked.

I thought most people felt he waited too long and now comes the theory that he moved to quickly.

From Chris Kuc Twitter, "First I heard (and reported) of the Stars' interest in Patrick Sharp was June 23. So that deal took a while to come together. #Blackhawks"

I'm sure no one wanted to do the deal. Stan probably laughed June 23 if he heard Johns was involved. Stan couldn't move Sharp quickly and ran out of options. The NHL has a hard cap. Pretty clear the Dallas was running the show on this one.

I think the Hawks locked up TVR last week when it became apparent Johns might have to go.

This is how waiting too long leads to a panic move.

As I laid out all before it happened. But I'm an idiot.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

I say he is a stud because I watched him. And because I read other people that watched him. And what more evidence do you need than the guy who traded for him?

It's sad that people here can't for the life of them admit a trade isn't good. Defend everything the team does to the death I suppose. Hell, me and HS never get along but we both agree this trade sucks. That should say something.

There are peoples opinions I pay attention to on this board and when they don't like a trade, I take notice because I don't watch Johns at all. However, I'm just not going to bury Stan Bowman because I have ZERO information about the market for Sharp. My first reaction to the text message I received last night that Sharp went to Dallas was "They included Johns. Sigh". I hate losing the kid because I've read the consensus on this board, but for whatever reason this was a terrible summer to trade off cap.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

There's a case to be made for him. But he's not a guaranteed to succeed guy. Though yeah it sounds like he a pieced quite desired from Dallas. So yeah, it's hard for someone else to have fit the role of the trade piece because it seems he is desired. But what do I need? kinda NHL success or more than I've seen from him to be certain he's an close to sure thing as an NHL player.

Bhay99

May 3, 2010
Chicago
There has got to be something we're missing. If not, how could Stan's inner circle, scouts, and close advisors not convince him to stop himself from making this deal?

I don't know but they probably know more than your inner circle, scouts and close advisers.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
There are peoples opinions I pay attention to on this board and when they don't like a trade, I take notice because I don't watch Johns at all. However, I'm just not going to bury Stan Bowman because I have ZERO information about the market for Sharp. My first reaction to the text message I received last night that Sharp went to Dallas was "They included Johns. Sigh". I hate losing the kid because I've read the consensus on this board, but for whatever reason this was a terrible summer to trade off cap.

Listen, I'm not crucifying Stan. If you know me (and I'm sure you do) I constantly defend him. He ****ed this one up though. I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt the Hawks.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This will be the fork in the road for Bowman. Either he made the right moves and the cup window is open for another 3-5 years or there will be some mistakes made and this could lead a rebuild in that period of time, perhaps some changes made in the front office if it gets ugly. I'm still thinking he can manage to keep this team in the hunt for multiple years.

This summer started ****** from the minute Mike Reilly chose Minnesota.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Stan's biggest mistake wasn't yesterday...it was weeks ago when he didn't unload Sharp the first day possible. Market evaporated as Oshie, Williams, and Kessell moved. Caps and Penguins were rumored to be interested and clearly were in the market for forwards.

The other thing that annoys me is getting NHL players back. We are in free agency Stan! Cap room is just as valuable. Oduya is an NHL player. Erhoff is an NHL player. Kruger is an NHL player. Chicago is now a destination and can compete in free agency.

I thought I understood the Saad move with the contract demands. This Sharp trade just feels like Stan snoozed at the wheel and had to bribe someone to take him.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm just glad the Hawks came back against Anaheim and won the cup. Could you imagine not winning the 3rd cup and going through this much roster turnover? Would be brutal in the words of BWC.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
It's going to haunt them. Johns will be a stud. They just gave DAL Klingberg's new running mate. That pairing is going to be scared for YEARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad