GDT: CHI @ COL: Deadline Week, Emotions Running High - Emphasis on "EMO" (9PM ET)

EMO IS LIFE

• My Chemical Romance

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Taking Back Sunday

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Paramore

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Brand New

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Fall Out Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panic! At The Disco

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Death Cab for Cutie

• Dashboard Confessional

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The Used

• Other (I Can't Believe You Forgot XXXX You Idiot!)

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
While I've not watched videos in who knows how long, I have forever felt that the best video of all time is 'Friday' by The Cure. In a weird way, it portrays the essence of Rock so well: dancing poorly, drinking ( and spilling) a lot of pints, and just generally goofing around in a prop room. I know that others can point to myriad videos which could deserve the accolade. But 'Friday' just oozes pure unadulterated fun to me.

I'm 61, so y'all can call me a stupid old fart. And I know Robert Smith looks like a fool with the makeup ( which he still wears to this day.) But on that day, on that video, there was unbridled fun.
If you're a stupid old fart, I'm a f***ing moron of a certain age (I'll be 47 this year).

I actually admire Robert Smith quite a bit. There's a man who truly DGAF what anyone else thinks.

You want to see unnerving, go look at early Cure live bits. Apparently before they hit it big and they were still in their "punk" phase, Smith just looked like a regular guy, no jet black hair, no mascara or ghostly pale face. Now THAT threw me for a loop. I thought he always looked that way, even as a kid growing up in England.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
While I've not watched videos in who knows how long, I have forever felt that the best video of all time is 'Friday' by The Cure. In a weird way, it portrays the essence of Rock so well: dancing poorly, drinking ( and spilling) a lot of pints, and just generally goofing around in a prop room. I know that others can point to myriad videos which could deserve the accolade. But 'Friday' just oozes pure unadulterated fun to me.

I'm 61, so y'all can call me a stupid old fart. And I know Robert Smith looks like a fool with the makeup ( which he still wears to this day.) But on that day, on that video, there was unbridled fun.
Robert is a musical genius and The Cure are my all time favorite.

Wish I could have gone and thought about going to the Montreal show on the recent world tour.

On my 14th bday my bro.got me 3 cassettes Standing on a beach ( Cure) , Life's Rich Pageant ( REM ) and Meat is Murder ( Smiths)

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
If you're a stupid old fart, I'm a f***ing moron of a certain age (I'll be 47 this year).

I actually admire Robert Smith quite a bit. There's a man who truly DGAF what anyone else thinks.

You want to see unnerving, go look at early Cure live bits. Apparently before they hit it big and they were still in their "punk" phase, Smith just looked like a regular guy, no jet black hair, no mascara or ghostly pale face. Now THAT threw me for a loop. I thought he always looked that way, even as a kid growing up in England.
1979 Boys don't Cry video he looks normal lol. That was his shtick but it worked. Great song writer and can plsy anything.

UK artists are my favorite . Playing music and acting and arts in general are encouraged more over there.

edit: I'm 53 , I know shocker haha but the Cure came at that adolescent time.

Snow Arc

Set the controls for the heart of the sun
Aug 14, 2020
I grew up when Goths were what the weird, sullen kids were called, not Emo. Ground Zero in Boulder dancing strangely to The Cure and Depeche Mode and all that. So I'm definitely too old to be Emo.
Has that f**king place burned down yet?

Reactions: The Moops

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Still love me some ”pre mallcore” emo:
Rites of spring
Texas is the reason
Capn jazz
Braid
At the drive in

Got to see the aforementioned mouse/brand new show twice. Amazing. the second was at Madison square garden, and that was kind of surreal.

Team still very emo after Dermy trade, scheduled loss

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Somehow never envisioned emo talk to be such a hot topic
the-office-steve-carell.gif

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
God I hate MCR. Idk what it is, I like most of the music in the same genre as them but I cant stand them.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Not that I touch the stuff but any list without 7 seconds is a bad list

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Still love me some ”pre mallcore” emo:
Rites of spring
Texas is the reason
Capn jazz
Braid
At the drive in

Got to see the aforementioned mouse/brand new show twice. Amazing. the second was at Madison square garden, and that was kind of surreal.

Team still very emo after Dermy trade, scheduled loss
Texas is the reason … is that a spin of the misfits - bullet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad