Claimed off Waivers: [CHI] Blackhawks claim D Jarred Tinordi off waivers from the Rangers

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So maybe NYR, or their Hartford affiliate sign Bartkowski as the AHL older vet LD, to replace.
He'd been in NYR camp on PTO til today

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
But why though?

Of all the players they could staff their tank roster with...they want...Tinordi? When there are plenty of more worthwhile "reclamation projects" and guys that they could potentially turn into an asset out there for the taking?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
But why though?

Of all the players they could staff their tank roster with...they want...Tinordi? When there are plenty of more worthwhile "reclamation projects" and guys that they could potentially turn into an asset out there for the taking?
I agree

There were certainly other players that wouldn't have ruined the tank, but could have at least had a chance to turn around into something
Tinordi is one of the last players I expected to be claimed, no offense to him, he could still skate circles around me on one foot

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
this makes Tinordi 7th or 8th nhl team in 10 years---depending on how you look at it

• 2010-Jun-25 Draft pick rights traded from Phoenix Coyotes with round 4 pick in the 2010 draft (Mark MacMillan) to Montreal Canadiens for round 1 pick in the 2010 draft (Mark Visentin) and round 2 pick in the 2010 draft (Oscar Lindberg)
  • 2016-Jan-15 Traded from Montreal Canadiens with Stefan Fournier to Arizona Coyotes for John Scott and Victor Bartley
  • 2017-Jul-01 Signed by Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 2018-Jul-01 Signed by Nashville Predators
  • 2021-Feb-27 Claimed off waivers by Boston Bruins from Nashville Predators
  • 2021-Jul-28 Signed by New York Rangers
  • 2022-Oct-10 Claimed off waivers by Chicago Blackhawks from New York Rangers

Reactions: Johny

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I agree

There were certainly other players that wouldn't have ruined the tank, but could have at least had a chance to turn around into something
Tinordi is one of the last players I expected to be claimed, no offense to him, he could still skate circles around me on one foot

I mean, i guess they want a little bit of size and "toughness" while they bottom out? Sort of replacing Stillman? But yeah, it just feels like there are so many other defenceman who would at least have a small marginal chance of turning into something worthwhile. Tinordi is...what he is. And it's not anything good.

Reactions: uncleben

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If you're going to lose alot, don't get beat up too. You gotta give your fans something. Entertain them with the rough stuff until you lock down Bedard.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
this makes Tinordi 7th or 8th nhl team in 10 years---depending on how you look at it

• 2010-Jun-25 Draft pick rights traded from Phoenix Coyotes with round 4 pick in the 2010 draft (Mark MacMillan) to Montreal Canadiens for round 1 pick in the 2010 draft (Mark Visentin) and round 2 pick in the 2010 draft (Oscar Lindberg)
  • 2016-Jan-15 Traded from Montreal Canadiens with Stefan Fournier to Arizona Coyotes for John Scott and Victor Bartley
  • 2017-Jul-01 Signed by Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 2018-Jul-01 Signed by Nashville Predators
  • 2021-Feb-27 Claimed off waivers by Boston Bruins from Nashville Predators
  • 2021-Jul-28 Signed by New York Rangers
  • 2022-Oct-10 Claimed off waivers by Chicago Blackhawks from New York Rangers
He's gone full Sillinger

Reactions: pld459666

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022
But why though?

The only 2 dmen I would put head and shoulders above him that wound up on waivers were Valimaki and Kovacevic (who I think has a chance to get put on there again soon) and both teams had higher priority. All the others are pretty similar players, maybe make an argument for Friedman, the only thing is TInordi's a bit older, but there's value in that kind of leadership especially with a younger d-core. My guess is he's back on waivers though when McCabe is back. You need that veteran presence on the backend.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The only 2 dmen I would put head and shoulders above him that wound up on waivers were Valimaki and Kovacevic (who I think has a chance to get put on there again soon) and both teams had higher priority. All the others are pretty similar players, maybe make an argument for Friedman, the only thing is TInordi's a bit older, but there's value in that kind of leadership especially with a younger d-core. My guess is he's back on waivers though when McCabe is back. You need that veteran presence on the backend.
How exactly does a guy who was picked in thr First round
A guy who got nailed using PEDs is now somehow a leader? The only leadership he can show is how to treat the arena staff nicely when you're a scratch. The guy is a terrible hockey player.

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022
How exactly does a guy who was picked in thr First round
A guy who got nailed using PEDs is now somehow a leader? The only leadership he can show is how to treat the arena staff nicely when you're a scratch. The guy is a terrible hockey player.

What a terrible take. Taking PEDs does not mean you're not a good leader. One of the best leaders in the last 20-30 years was one of the few players hit for peds in Shawn Horcoff (Oilers captain). It likely means your people gave you something and didn't fully research it or he gambled on testing because you wanted a bump. Not smart, but one incident like that doesn't mean you're a bad leader. If anything 6 years of clean tests probably shows he learned from it (or knows how to hide it better lol). I know for a fact 10 years ago at minimum in the American leagues it was prevalent and still is pretty big in Europe. Wouldn't doubt it's prevalent in the NHL, it's just these guys are using shit well beyond my means and it's so ahead of NHL testing that they aren't even looking for it. And it's not what you think while you sit in chair imagining someone roiding up and getting big forearms.

It's funny how you're the one questioning a real GM in Davidson and his staff who picked up TInordi and you know actually know the player or people who know the player and find out, rather than imagine what his leadership qualities are from afar. Typical couch potato opinion.

Reactions: murrough

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
What a terrible take. Taking PEDs does not mean you're not a good leader. One of the best leaders in the last 20-30 years was one of the few players hit for peds in Shawn Horcoff (Oilers captain). It likely means your people gave you something and didn't fully research it or he gambled on testing because you wanted a bump. Not smart, but one incident like that doesn't mean you're a bad leader. If anything 6 years of clean tests probably shows he learned from it (or knows how to hide it better lol). I know for a fact 10 years ago at minimum in the American leagues it was prevalent and still is pretty big in Europe. Wouldn't doubt it's prevalent in the NHL, it's just these guys are using shit well beyond my means and it's so ahead of NHL testing that they aren't even looking for it. And it's not what you think while you sit in chair imagining someone roiding up and getting big forearms.

It's funny how you're the one questioning a real GM in Davidson and his staff who picked up TInordi and you know actually know the player or people who know the player and find out, rather than imagine what his leadership qualities are from afar. Typical couch potato opinion.
I don't like your take either. If you take PEDs you're not a leader, you're a thief. You are holding a spot you aren't good enough to hold on your own merit. You are literally stealing the livelihood from someone else. I don't care if you're the 13th forward or the 7th D. Being up at that level gives you name recognition, connections, and enhances a resume for a player even moreso than it does for guys in the top half of the lineup who are household names. When those guys are trying to land gigs as assistant coaches or in the front office, their name goes ahead of career minor leaguers and guys who never made it that far. So spare me the leader crap. He's a fraud.

• Haha
Reactions: murrough and zeeto

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022
I don't like your take either. If you take PEDs you're not a leader, you're a thief. You are holding a spot you aren't good enough to hold on your own merit. You are literally stealing the livelihood from someone else. I don't care if you're the 13th forward or the 7th D. Being up at that level gives you name recognition, connections, and enhances a resume for a player even moreso than it does for guys in the top half of the lineup who are household names. When those guys are trying to land gigs as assistant coaches or in the front office, their name goes ahead of career minor leaguers and guys who never made it that far. So spare me the leader crap. He's a fraud.

So once someone does 1 thing wrong they are done in your world? And cannot change even 6 years later. Got it.

Guess since he's not a leader, and sucks he was picked up at random then by a real NHL team.

Reactions: Pertti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad