Pre-Game Talk: CHI at OTT March 28th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Can play any position (would even have been a good D in his time imo), good skater, puck handler, defensive instincts. Datsyuk/Zetterberg two-way style the way he covered a lot ice and pick pocketed people.

Love that style. Good enough for the Hawks = good enough for me

Datsyuk/Zetterberg style except for the part where they're good at hockey.

But yeah, Regin is right up there lol

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Now that I think about it, I'd much rather have Regin on the fourth line than Condra/Greening/Neil. I probably didn't feel that way a year ago though. I think it's mostly because they've regressed.

WhiteLight*

Datsyuk/Zetterberg style except for the part where they're good at hockey.

But yeah, Regin is right up there lol

Regin doesn't have their strength or skill obviously. But it's the same style. It's cool and fun to watch.

Regin was an elite 3rd line centre for a bit. He was super cool hmmm k?

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Regin doesn't have their strength or skill obviously. But it's the same style. It's cool and fun to watch.

Regin was an elite 3rd line centre for a bit. He was super cool hmmm k?

Elite 3rd line player? That term makes me chuckle.

He had one good playoff series, then he sucked forever. I don't care what kind of style he played, he played it effectively for about 6 games in his career.

I play like Dominic Hasek. Doesn't mean im anywhere as good as him.

WhiteLight*

Elite 3rd line player? That term makes me chuckle.

He had one good playoff series, then he sucked forever. I don't care what kind of style he played, he played it effectively for about 6 games in his career.

I play like Dominic Hasek. Doesn't mean im anywhere as good as him.

He was a scoring winger during that playoff series.

After that he was an elite 3rd line centre for a bit. I know, I went to see many games back in the day. Foligno - Regin - Condra/Neil shutdown line matched up against #1 lines. Was awesome

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
due to injury

Do you not like any retired/regressed players?

He was fringe before any of his injuries.

and yeah I like some older players, not sure what that has to do with anything.

I'm just pointing out this board's love of all fringe NHLers while demanding Spezza and Ryan be traded. It's just funny to watch.

WhiteLight*

I'm just pointing out this board's love of all fringe NHLers while demanding Spezza and Ryan be traded. It's just funny to watch.

This board also dislikes Greening, Phillips and Condra.

I personally like competent two-way players and players that aren't anti-possession. Liking Regin and wanting to trade Ryan/Spezza does not mean I think Regin is better. It's all about style yo

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Isn't it though?

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

I personally like competent two-way players and players that aren't anti-possession. Liking Regin and wanting to trade Ryan/Spezza does not mean I think Regin is better

When most people say possession these days, it's just a euphemism for Corsi. The most ultimate ever hockey stat ever!

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

I personally like competent two-way players and players that aren't anti-possession. Liking Regin and wanting to trade Ryan/Spezza does not mean I think Regin is better. It's all about style yo

Most of the people that want Ryan/Spezza gone are the ones that want to keep Condra and Greening. Obviously there's some exceptions to that.

Phillips is pretty much a lost cause, I don't despise the guy like some of you guys do, but I agree he probably shouldn't be playing past this season.

Style only gets you so far. Results matter a hell of a lot more than style, I'll tell you that.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Can play any position (would even have been a good D in his time imo), good skater, puck handler, defensive instincts. Datsyuk/Zetterberg two-way style the way he covered a lot ice and pick pocketed people.

Love that style. Good enough for the Hawks = good enough for me

Datsyuk/Zetterberg style, with Clarkson/Neil production.

I too was a Regin fan back in the day but I think pumping his tires too much is pretty high on my list of 'regrets as armchair GM'

Also I'm not sure if some people know what the word 'elite' means, or at the very least they are a little too liberal in using it.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
LOL at everyone beating up on a guy for liking Peter Regin.

I only mentioned it, because it seems any fringe player we have, some people fawn all over them as if they are the next big thing but then turn around and say our team is garbage because of Spezza and Ryan

Go look at the Regin, Conacher, Bobby Butler, Weircioch, etc.. threads.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I was also a pretty big fan of regin. it just always seemed he was good everytime him or his line was on the ice

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I was also a pretty big fan of regin. it just always seemed he was good everytime him or his line was on the ice

It's funny because I too liked Regin but I remember people on these boards couldn't wait to get rid of the guy at the end of his last season here. The same things people say about Condra and Greening about how all they are doing is taking up a roster spot was said about Regin then.

Can't wait for the "I miss Condra" threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad