Confirmed Trade: [CHI/ARI] Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Anybody ever seen The Prestige?

Semi-spoilers but..... sometimes I think Stan Bowman is actually 2 twins with totally different personalities and skillsets, who just trade places at random intervals to **** with people.
One of the best movies out there.

Haha, interesting take on Bowman.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You would think that some Western Conference GM would've outbid that simply to keep Chicago from improving both their skill level and their cap situation. If you're any of the GMs of the top 12 teams in the West, especially if you're in the Central, one of the last things that you want is for Chicago to turn their season around (not that Duclair can do that by himself, mind you, but such trades can provide a spark).

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This is terrible for Arizona. With a rebuilding team, you've got to be looking at getting picks back for a player like Duclair, rather than a 26 year old player like Panik and swapping career AHLers.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Has Bowman gotten on the phone yet and offered Clendenning to Benning? Wonder what Benning would be willing to give up. Gaudette perhaps, Canucks 5th round steals for Clendenning could be a fun pattern :sarcasm:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
This is terrible for Arizona. With a rebuilding team, you've got to be looking at getting picks back for a player like Duclair, rather than a 26 year old player like Panik and swapping
career AHLers.

I think you’re underestimating Panik as a player, and overestimating his age.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
It's tough to be a Coyotes fan. I'm not sure I'll bother much longer. I'm basically one more bad day at the draft lottery away from never watching the team again.
As an outside, (Blues) fan, I wouldn't be to despondent yet. Chicago went with the higher ceiling "problem child". Arizona went for the safer bet. Duclair could still bust, and Panik is a solid 3rd liner. (at least!). I disagree with some others that Chicago "wins" this trade. Time will tell.

Reactions: feffan

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Has Bowman gotten on the phone yet and offered Clendenning to Benning? Wonder what Benning would be willing to give up. Gaudette perhaps, Canucks 5th round steals for Clendenning could be a fun pattern :sarcasm:

At the time of the Forsling for Clendenning trade, I admit I was quite excited because on the surface it felt like we traded a 5th round pick for a 2nd round pick.
The point of the trade was to accelerate some of the picks because of our horrendous drafting from around Clendennings draft year.

In hindsight, this was an awful trade. Really bad. But shit happens, we've also won a trade in the same way (Shinkaruk for Granlund)
And Gaudette should be on the roster in March for a couple of games. Benning really isn't as daft as many people paint him to be.

It's funny how Clendenning is back in Chicago though. Wonder what is going through his head.
Good luck to Duclair.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
Good trade but I find Duclair to be overrated. He had one good year. If he can manage to get 20 goals a year that would be great but he is not that special of a player. I find people massively overrate him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Jesus....Toronto couldn't have pitched a better deal? He would help stabilize the backend for sure. He is definitely better then Polak, Carrick, etc.
If Toronto had picked up Duclair, I'd be a Leafs fan today, rather than a Coyotes fan. I'm that close. But you should know that Duclair is not a defenseman, he's a winger.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
This is terrible for Arizona. With a rebuilding team, you've got to be looking at getting picks back for a player like Duclair, rather than a 26 year old player like Panik and swapping career AHLers.

Arizona isn't a rebuilding team. They're a losing team, at the moment. But that doesn't automatically mean rebuilding.

The organization tried to put a winning team on the ice this season. And, in spite of the massive failure this year has been for them, they want to win next season. Picks are of no interest to the current Arizona Coyotes. An experienced forward joining a pop-gun offence sure is.

The trade is underwhelming, but it does make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad