News Article: Cheechoo ESPN Interview

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I remember, very vividly, on 12/27/2010, I was in Worcester for a concert at DCU center. It had just blizzard'd and was around 10 degrees F outside. Before the show, my buddy and I went to Woosta Pizza, which was packed with lively concert goers getting some brief respite from the cold weather.

Of all people, Cheechoo was there, alone at a table adjacent to the loud line of customers waiting to order, chowing down on some pizza and chicken parm and just looking defeated / like he wanted to be left alone. Keep in mind this was a few months after he was bought out by the Sens and got cut from Dallas' training campt. I thought about going up to him to say i was a fan etc, and in hindsight i wish i had, but at the time it looked like he just wanted anonymity. Knowing what i know now, i would take that moment back, because it probably would have made his day. :(

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
It'd be interesting to hear where Jumbo rates Cheech. It was an amazing ride in both their primes. One of my favourite players of all time. Sad day he was traded, but we all know it was needed.

Jumbo said in a video interview a few years back that Cheech was his favorite teammate he's had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad