Checking the Fan Damage

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
I'm an addict that can't stop watching the NHL. They already have our money regarding tickets, but I'm definitely not buying any merchandise this year.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Should have some sort of option that is "excited to watch but will not be attending games or purchasing merch for this year and maybe next". I took the second option instead. I am so stoked to have hockey back though. Go sharks!

Same here. The NHL will not be getting my money. But I am stoked to have the Sharks back.

My thoughts as well. My passion for the game hasn't wained, but my willingness to pay for tickets and CI has.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I was up at 3 AM and saw the announcement. I was like .... who cares? Then I wondered if anyone posted the news on HFB and found I was hours late in finding out. Then I wondered if the few that were ahead of me on the news were going to be representative of the masses ... drop the puck .... or if people were going to be ambivilent like I was feeling.

By 4 AM I'd watched all the Canadian video feeds and finally got back to bed. This morning, I'm combing through news articles to get up to speed. So .... by my actions, I guess ambivilent isnt the right term for me. I am clearly a hard-core fan and my actions are ahead of my emotions. I can predict that I will be watching every game on TV for sure. I might be mad, but I'll watch because its the best sport out there.

And ... if you want to sell some of the game tickets or need company for a game, I'll sit with you in that empty arena this year for a game or two of the 24 that will be played.

PS - pisses me off that the Kings don't have a Cup hangover .....

I too would go to a hockey game with someone. I think while I'm still angry by this whole thing, the experience at a hockey game is unlike any other. With that said, I'm probably not going to any sharks games this season. Maybe next season.

Last edited:

Stash

Gonna miss this guy
Apr 27, 2007
Oregon
I'm pissed about this whole process, but I'm also super psyched hockey is back. Since I'm a ten game pack holder, I'm curious how that is going to work now if they are only going to play conference games.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'm pissed about this whole process, but I'm also super psyched hockey is back. Since I'm a ten game pack holder, I'm curious how that is going to work now if they are only going to play conference games.

6 games by percentage of games remaining.

Spacemania

Recovering Spammer
Apr 25, 2004
Signpost Forest, YT
I really don't feel that excited, its not going to feel like a real season. There are already a fair number of players injured, and other **** that hasn't come up yet. I'll watch, mabye the Sharks will suprise me, but otherwise I'm meh

sharklife25

Jun 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I have had season tickets for three seasons...

This year I don't have them and I'm not planning on putting any money into the Sharks...

I won't attend any games, nor will I buy CenterIce like I have in years' past.

I'll watch when it's free and convenient, but otherwise the NHL can eff off...

I'm pissed at everyone involved and don't want to put any more of my money into it...

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
Well, I got rid of my 10-game pack over the summer because I was pissed at the Sharks for raising prices after another disappointing season, so maybe I was already un-psyched. I think I'll probably watch most games still, and probably go to a couple, but it's going to take a playoff run for me to get back to the level of excitement I used to have.

Frankly, I haven't missed the Sharks that much this fall (largely due to the success of Stanford and 49ers football), but I don't really watch any other sports after football is over, so hockey has that going for it with me at least.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
so what the hell is the deal with our bottom 6?

jerry_seinfeld.jpg

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Considering we had no chance to address any of our needs this summer, I'm not expecting much from our team this year.

Chaotic8

Boarding Major
May 3, 2010
Livermore, CA
My philosophy; I'm excited to have the season return, but I will not be going to any games nor purchasing any merchandise regardless of the bargain. The NHL doesn't deserve a single cent of my income.

Regardless of the outcome of the season, the SC winner will forever have an asterisk on their team banner.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
I'm happy the NHL is back so I can have something to follow other than the NBA and the SF Bulls, but I won't be spending any money on the NHL any time soon. I'll watch the Sharks on TV when I can, and I'll go to the games if I am given tickets, but the money that has been argued about over the last three months is my hard earned money, and its hard to part with it seeing the character of to whom its going.

Exactly what I planned to reply. Thanks

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
I'll take a SC banner with an asterisk over a Pacific division banner any day.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
I have had season tickets for three seasons...

This year I don't have them and I'm not planning on putting any money into the Sharks...

I won't attend any games, nor will I buy CenterIce like I have in years' past.

I'll watch when it's free and convenient, but otherwise the NHL can eff off...

I'm pissed at everyone involved and don't want to put any more of my money into it...

I'm not even sure how Center Ice will work in a situation like this, heavy discount or paying the same for half a season?

I cancelled it before the lockout since we were considering leaving DirecTV but that never went through so I will probably wait until next season to renew, if I renew.

I'll take a SC banner with an asterisk over a Pacific division banner any day.

What about a Pacific Division banner with an asterisk?

Chaotic8

Boarding Major
May 3, 2010
Livermore, CA
The '95 Devils didn't.

It did, you proved it right there. Granted, the 94-95 lockout came with less theatrics, hence I feel the games lost didn't impact the NHL severely. However with the 2012-13 lockout, this whole mess was a complete disaster of a charade, one that I believe will be referred to and recapped for quite some time.

DoubleMinor

Oct 27, 2007
San Jose, California
I'm happy the NHL is back so I can have something to follow other than the NBA and the SF Bulls, but I won't be spending any money on the NHL any time soon. I'll watch the Sharks on TV when I can, and I'll go to the games if I am given tickets, but the money that has been argued about over the last three months is my hard earned money, and its hard to part with it seeing the character of to whom its going.

Ditto!

I'm excited to see some NHL again for sure. Its been hard trying to watch other sports to fill the void. Attending a few SF Bulls games has helped but its just not the same. Plus, I am so tired of people asking me the typical questions like "How you holding up with no hockey?" or "You think there will be a season still?". It got to the point where I just didn't want to talk or hear about the NHL anymore. Yet the first thing I did each and every day is Google "NHL Lockout".

What likewall32 and others have stated is where I stand too. The NHL will get no money from me or my family this season. No tickets, no Merch, no nothing! We will watch on TV only after our "Just Drop It!" pledge and that is it. We may watch at some local spots to help the local businesses effected by this nonsense too, but that is where I stand.

Glad Hockey is back but still bitter :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad