Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Red Wings are my #2 team (they were my number 1 until a few years after I moved here) and I without a doubt still think Necas is the better prospect. Zadina is going to be a 35/35 winger if he continues his development path which is great, but I think Necas has the potential to be a PPG solid 2-way center in the NHL.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Guys how is Necas looking? He is already 20yo and still dont play in nhl is he bust?
Seriously? You're asking if a 20 year old in his first professional season playing in the AHL (and putting up solid numbers) is a bust? If that's the metric probably 95% of the NHL is filled with "busts"...I can't feel too bad with the responses you've received given the question and metrics used.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Seriously? You're asking if a 20 year old in his first professional season playing in the AHL (and putting up solid numbers) is a bust? If that's the metric probably 95% of the NHL is filled with "busts"...I can't feel too bad with the responses you've received given the question and metrics used.
LMAO it is also the exact same metrics that would classify his beloved Zadina a bust as well.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
The thing with Necas is that he's still getting used to the North American style of game. Although Svechnikov is more talented which helped him make the jump quicker, he had been in North America for several years prior to being drafted. I think Necas will be fine in 1-2 seasons.

Yeah I'm not worried about him. I do feel he's a bit like Lindholm as far as coming over to NA not physically developed and needing to get used to the game. Wouldn't surprise me if it takes him longer than most to really reach his ceiling. Hopefully everyone is patient.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
The thing with Necas is that he's still getting used to the North American style of game. Although Svechnikov is more talented which helped him make the jump quicker, he had been in North America for several years prior to being drafted. I think Necas will be fine in 1-2 seasons.

Necas is the only one in the conversation trying to break into the league as a center. It's much harder than playing wing. I don't think there's a bit of difference between Svech and Necas that can't be summed up by "more is expected defensively from Necas than Svech, and Necas wasn't ready for that." Ditto Zadina.

Also, Necas was ill and missed two games last weekend.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Necas is the only one in the conversation trying to break into the league as a center. It's much harder than playing wing. I don't think there's a bit of difference between Svech and Necas that can't be summed up by "more is expected defensively from Necas than Svech, and Necas wasn't ready for that." Ditto Zadina.

Also, Necas was ill and missed two games last weekend.
I was going to mention this but we've been experimenting with Necas at wing. I think he'll eventually move back to center but he could take the Aho route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad