Confirmed with Link: Chaz Lucius ELC

None

Feb 22, 2012
There was some speculation this season that he was going to switch to junior hockey, I wonder if that's his destination for next season or if he's going straight to the Moose.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Surprising. Wish he was healthy so he could rip it up with the Moose on the hunt for the Calder this year.

Reactions: GNP

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Congrats Lucius

1651101303430.gif

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
His contract doesn’t begin until this fall anyway.

I think he can sign an Amateur Tryout Contract to play with the Moose for the rest of this season.

An Amateur tryout (ATO) contract exists in the NHL, the AHL and the ECHL. This type of contract is for players who are leaving college and attempting to turn professional, are done with college or are graduating from the junior leagues. An ATO is a very common practice near the end of the professional seasons as they go deeper into the year than college or junior schedules.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
[I'm going to guess that no one on this forum has ever watched "Jimmy Two Shoes", so I won't make an obvious reference to this signing.]
I do remember that show from my more youthful days. I know the villain in question :nod:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Why would they put him in the CHL, he is going to be in the AHL next year, especially after the success of Perfetti in the AHL at 19. There is no chance he would have agreed to leave college just for them to put him in the CHL next year.

He can be loaned to the CHL rather than outright assigned and because he was drafted outside of the CHL he'd still be eligible to go to the AHL at any point if the WHL ends up proving below his level.
It could just be 20 WHL games where if he's 1.5PPG they call him up to the Moose.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why would they put him in the CHL, he is going to be in the AHL next year, especially after the success of Perfetti in the AHL at 19. There is no chance he would have agreed to leave college just for them to put him in the CHL next year.

Well he isn't as advanced as Cole for one and has missed a lot of time theist two seasons. The AHL might be a bit above him but that is what camp in the fall will let us know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad