Chayka speaks

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I am glad that Chayka has managed to hold on to his Ego. I was kinda worried he might have lost some with his exit. No longer worried about that. Still the smartest person in every room.
It was pretty shocking to read him essentially say that he basically cracked the code and was good, actually.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It was pretty shocking to read him essentially say that he basically cracked the code and was good, actually.
Best thing to ever happen to the Coyotes. The proof is right there, look at what happened since he left!!!!

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I quit reading here, "I had majored in business at a top school, graduating at the top of my class."

I worked with a lot of fireground commanders, many were very 'book' smart. Those same educated ones couldn't manage to put a dumpster fire out.
Boy isn’t this ever the truth.

Reactions: Fyreman

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I am far more interested in hearing Don Maloney speak candidly about the John Scott trade, the really lean years, about his "Lots Of Sons Of Pro Players" roster building philosophy (Murphy, Samuelsson, Domi, Perlini, Strome, Gagner, Tinordi, Crombeen), about the Mike Ribeiro buyout, why he didn't tank for Auston Matthews, and about whatever happened with Steve Downie.

GMDM is still kicking around the Calgary organization (hockey is an absolutely incestuous fraternity) so it won't happen any time soon, but I can hope ...

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I am far more interested in hearing Don Maloney speak candidly about the John Scott trade, the really lean years, about his "Lots Of Sons Of Pro Players" roster building philosophy (Murphy, Samuelsson, Domi, Perlini, Strome, Gagner, Tinordi, Crombeen), about the Mike Ribeiro buyout, why he didn't tank for Auston Matthews, and about whatever happened with Steve Downie.

GMDM is still kicking around the Calgary organization (hockey is an absolutely incestuous fraternity) so it won't happen any time soon, but I can hope ...

Biz has to get Maloney on Chiclets.

Reactions: ck26

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I am glad that Chayka has managed to hold on to his Ego. I was kinda worried he might have lost some with his exit. No longer worried about that. Still the smartest person in every room.
Chayka didn't demonstrate good leadership skills, he doesn't have the definition cited properly. He was in way over his head and lacked the experience needed to be successful. This isn't his fault though, he really needed to be under good leadership for many years to learn how to lead, hopefully that is what we have in BA. One of the signs of a good leader is creating other leaders, Chayka is missing that piece of the puzzle, not his fault and he doesn't realize it yet. Running a Wendy's franchise is well documented, there is a simple playbook. I am not saying that is easy, just more defined. As an NHL GM, the stakes are higher with way more moving parts, much tougher to execute. He is still young, wish him the best of luck.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
hard to read that and take him seriously. He is defined by the Hayton and Soderstrom picks. Both are good players hut hardly the impact players he stated they would be based upon his analytics. Chayka similarly was a lot of action but left behind a legacy of mediocrity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad