Chat Room Ideas?

HFNHL Red Wings

So that we don't mix threads with the trade deadline one I'll start a fresh one.

It has been pointed out that our usual MSN chat room is no longer an option and personally I'd prefer not to use the IRC's, mIRC's etc. but will do so if there's no other options.

Since just about everyone of you are more tech savvy than I I'll defer to your judgement/suggestions but it needs to be able to support up to 30 live participants(unlike the old Yahoo chat) without people geting booted regularly.

Now I see there is a HF chatroom link. For those of you that are in contact with those running HF can we explore the option of a HFNHL board dedicated chat room? Even if it's only temporary for specific dates like the entry draft that would be fine as well.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
mIRC is probably the best idea from my standpoint with my limited knowledge.

We can have a general room and if needed then we can go off into private chats.

I'd have to agree... of the options I'm aware of mIRC is probably best, but there may be better alternatives out there.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
I dont have mIRC nor do I know how to use it.

If everyone gets MSN, we could invite everyone into a conversation on there.... :dunno:

HFNHL Red Wings

I dont have mIRC nor do I know how to use it.

Nor do I. Now getting it probably is easy enough but how to use it .. well that's something I'm going to need someone to give me a 'how to' lesson on.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Good point. I was assuming it was on-screen ads, rather like HF, but what do I know? :dunno:

Yeah, if you are installing something on your computer that is ad-supported, your computer is going to (for a lack of better words) get ******!

Its like LimeWire for downloading music, if you've ever had that. Installing that on your computer is asking for trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad