Chasing Glory: The 2018 Yoan Moncada Story

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wasn't this guy the number one prospect in baseball last year? How could they be so wrong with this prediction?

I mean it's baseball, sometimes prospect rankings aren't indiciative of next-level effectiveness. As a Met fan I only remember guys like Generation K, Lastings Milledge and Fernando Martinez for the overhype and underdelivering. Gregg Jefferies too but he did have a decent career after leaving the Mets.

In terms of Moncada the K's would be a lot less concerning if he was a 40-HR slugger like a Stanton, but a middle infielder who gets 15-20 HR's striking out that much? No bueno. And I have Moncada as my 2B in a deep dynasty league so I hope he does unlock something but I'm very skeptical after this season.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Strikeouts aren't a big deal anymore.

You learn early in stats class that it is more efficient and probable to bet everything on one move and immediately walk away, whether you win or don't. Baseball is doing the same wrt hitting. Hitters aren't just trying to make weak contact to try and reach base because fielders are too good now. They have a much higher probability to make an impact if they swing for the fences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad