News Article: Chase Wouters Signs with Abbotsford

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

Saskatoon Blades captain

Wouters, 21, recorded 22 points (10-12-22) and 31 penalty minutes in 21 games with the Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League (WHL) last season, capping off a five-year WHL career spent entirely with
@BladesHockey

I'm stealing the above post from SuperCanuck because I thought this deserved its own thread, if only for a few posts.

Here's an article on Wouter's final game with Saskatoon. At the end the GM says they're going to be retiring Wouters' jersey, which I suppose says something about how he's regarded.

Captain Chase Wouters caps off WHL career in style as Saskatoon Blades knock off Wheaties | The Star Phoenix

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Struck me as a guy headed to CSS. Was rated as a mid-rounder in 2018 but passed over, and then regressed offensively over the next two years.

No skills that remotely pop but has a good reputation for character and defensive play. Honestly, probably headed to the ECHL.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
This is the WHL signing Dhaliwal illuded to.

Struck me as a guy headed to CSS. Was rated as a mid-rounder in 2018 but passed over, and then regressed offensively over the next two years.

No skills that remotely pop but has a good reputation for character and defensive play. Honestly, probably headed to the ECHL.

Ya I remember him as a draft-eligible prospect. Kind of surprised he went undrafted. Outside of offensive potential and inability to "rip the puck" he seemed like a guy we would draft under Benning/Brackett: Good character, high hockey IQ, high motor, gets in on the forecheck...

Who knows, he may be Abbotsford's Carter Bancks

Reactions: Lindgren

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Represented Canada a couple times. I thought he could get drafted, but it turned out he wasn't worth drafting considering his production plummeted. He could be a bottom 6 player in the AHL, but it might take a year in the ECHL. Good skater and effort, built like a checking centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad