Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy IV

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Bad teams go after players like this. Stupid fans want to trade him. This is some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen on this forum and that’s saying something.
It’s true that he’s one of the top defenders in the game. We should feel lucky to have him.

It’s also true that lately his head has been firmly buried in his own asshole.

If the Bruins have any hope whatsoever, they’re going to need McAvoy to chill the f*** out and play his game.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Hate Macs game lately but the idea of even considering trading him for a Brady Tkachuk type is insanity. If you wanna trade him for a C you better be rooting for the Nucks and hope the Oilers are desperate to move Draisaitl.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
McAvoy got hurt I’m pretty sure st the home game late in season he took his glove off and shook his hand several times - and flexed it

Trainer came over

Hasn’t handled puck well since

Clearly there is something wrong with his hand he can’t pass or shoot like he normally does

His last point was an assist in game 4 @ Toronto(7 games ago)

Maybe his vacation plans got ruined by winning round 1.
Let me smash your hand with my 33 Willie Stargell Louisville Slugger and then watch you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I get that McAvoy has not looked well handling the puck but he’s not an Android

I might be in the minority here but sick, fatigued, or injured I don’t perform as well

The kid logs 25-30 minutes which opens him to more opportunities for mistakes, injuries, and certainly fatigue

I know it’s 25 Dudes here that want everyone gone but big mistake bailing on McAvoy

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
4th postseason in a row where it feels like he'd rather be on the golf course. Makes no sense how the puck is a grenade and every game he gets worse with it.

If we move him we can have a servicable yet very cheap blueline. Not sure what trades are out there where we come away as winners and dealing him for a D definitely won't benefit us we need to get the best forward we can maybe even a wing if there aren't deals for centers.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I get that McAvoy has not looked well handling the puck but he’s not an Android

I might be in the minority here but sick, fatigued, or injured I don’t perform as well

The kid logs 25-30 minutes which opens him to more opportunities for mistakes, injuries, and certainly fatigue

I know it’s 25 Dudes here that want everyone gone but big mistake bailing on McAvoy
Do we know that he’s sick injured or fatigued or are we speculating?

#1 dmen in the NHL play 25-30 mins a night vs the opposing teams top forwards. McAvoy is capable of more. He’s paid like a top dman. He needs to be better or this team is done.

With that said there’s no chance I’d consider trading him.

Reactions: LetsGoBruins97

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
4th postseason in a row where it feels like he'd rather be on the golf course. Makes no sense how the puck is a grenade and every game he gets worse with it.

If we move him we can have a servicable yet very cheap blueline. Not sure what trades are out there where we come away as winners and dealing him for a D definitely won't benefit us we need to get the best forward we can maybe even a wing if there aren't deals for centers.
come on man lol

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do we know that he’s sick injured or fatigued or are we speculating?

#1 dmen in the NHL play 25-30 mins a night vs the opposing teams top forwards. McAvoy is capable of more. He’s paid like a top dman. He needs to be better or this team is done.

With that said there’s no chance I’d consider trading him.
I went out to eat last night to Agostino in Natick with 5 buddies - good mix of HF (Gorski) and long time Bruins season ticket holders - but all Bruins guys.

I was told about McAvoy hand was what I thought

Also was just texting with my bud Jess I’m going with today (he belongs here) and we were at game he took shot and was in a lot of pain

Could be 100% now no idea but someone in last 24 hours said hand problem making inhibiting play

It was joked to me Bruins fans may not know but Florida players and coaches do

All I got

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Was watching the TV analysts go on about the playoffs yesterday and the conversation turned to the Boston series. They said people shouldn't be surprised; their top six tries but is getting exposed and just doesn't measure up to other playoff teams.
Marchand out makes the top six weaker, McAvoy subpar for whatever reason, and goalies lit up for 12 goals the last two games. They seemed to be pretty much saying they are cooked.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Hate Macs game lately but the idea of even considering trading him for a Brady Tkachuk type is insanity. If you wanna trade him for a C you better be rooting for the Nucks and hope the Oilers are desperate to move Draisaitl.
Now that's a name that gets me listening, although I do love me some Tkachuk too.....RHD are too rare though, you move Mac and you probably have a hole on that side for a long time.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Now that's a name that gets me listening, although I do love me some Tkachuk too.....RHD are too rare though, you move Mac and you probably have a hole on that side for a long time.
And honestly if I were Edmonton looking to move Drai for a defensive piece I'd start out aiming higher than McAvoy.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sure, I'll take that. What has he done throughout the entirety of this season that makes you say he wasn't a top tier defenseman? Top 20 in goals. Top 25 in points. Was still a plus 4 despite a cobbled together defensive core made up of a lot of nobodies and low end tweeners and his defensive partner switching every game and sometimes in game. So what constitutes Norris caliber play to you?
You make it sound like Charlie did a great job this season to manage a +4 with such a shabby bunch of teammates. But the Bruins were still 109-point team. 13 of his teammates had better plus/minus numbers. Six of them were defensemen. If McAvoy's had to play with different partners, so did the rest of them.

As for Norris caliber play, just check the top guys this season.

Hughes 17-75-92 +38
Makar 21-69-90 +15
Josi 23-62-85 +12
Bouchard 18-64-82 +34
Hedman 13-63-76 +18
Fox 17-56-73 +21
Dobson 10-60-70 +12
Morrisey 10-59-69 +34

McAvoy 12-35-47 +4

Reactions: Ozzy Osbourne

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
McAvoy on for all 3 goals against.

On the tying and winning goals, he wasn't even in the picture until the puck was in the net.

Led both teams in giveaways again.

When the Bruins had the faceoff in the neutral zone with the goalie pulled, Panger said Monty was yelling at Charlie to get in line with the net and the faceoff in case Florida won the draw forward. He was kind of chuckling, like he couldn't believe the coach had to point that out.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
McAvoy on for all 3 goals against.

On the tying and winning goals, he wasn't even in the picture until the puck was in the net.

Led both teams in giveaways again.

When the Bruins had the faceoff in the neutral zone with the goalie pulled, Panger said Monty was yelling at Charlie to get in line with the net and the faceoff in case Florida won the draw forward. He was kind of chuckling, like he couldn't believe the coach had to point that out.
Something is off with him. That pinch along the boards that ended up being Florida's 3rd goal was horrible.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
McAvoy got hurt I’m pretty sure st the home game late in season he took his glove off and shook his hand several times - and flexed it

Trainer came over

Hasn’t handled puck well since

Clearly there is something wrong with his hand he can’t pass or shoot like he normally does

Let me smash your hand with my 33 Willie Stargell Louisville Slugger and then watch you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich :laugh:
Sam Bennett seems to be doing it with a busted up bottom hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad