Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy IV

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Just saw this, perfect deal about what everyone was saying he would get paid.

He will finish top 5 again in Norris voting maybe even top 3.

I love how all fan bases keep saying the Bruins are getting older, but with McAvoy, Pasta and Swayman shoring up their respective positions, the Bruins keep on keeping on in the words of Joe Dirt.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
upload_2021-10-15_13-35-57.jpeg

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Congrats Chuckie... Richest deal in Bruins History

https://nhltradetalk.com/charlie-mcavoy-signs-richest-deal-in-boston-bruins-history/

What Next for the Bruins?

McAvoy’s contract, while a good value, means some decisions moving forward.

This is the first real deal that blows the “internal cap” the Bruins had set in previous years for any one player out of the water
and it doesn’t give them much room to make mistakes on other contracts moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
No suprises or discount there. Got what was expected. Terrible deal, but its the market not McAs fault. Good to have him locked big time.

Still thinking that GM who spents over 7 musd to d-man or goalie in the salarycap era should be fired.

Reactions: Over the volcano

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Great news he’s the future leader. It’s a easy decision . He’s a franchise Dman. I thought he get over 10 a year but that will be ok

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
No suprises or discount there. Got what was expected. Terrible deal, but its the market not McAs fault. Good to have him locked big time.

Still thinking that GM who spents over 7 musd to d-man or goalie in the salarycap era should be fired.
If you’re Sweeney how would you have gone about signing a top 5 defensemen in the league under 7m, or should he have traded the franchise defenseman?

Reactions: inactive user

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
That's big boy bucks and now come the big boy expectations. I see he's on PP1, so he could be in for a career year!

Not trying to knock the guy but I would love to see him step up in the puck moving department (when he's not paired with Grzy). He's good, great even, but I think he has another level to unlock.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020

So I guess everyone should be fired then…

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad