Charlie Huddy

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
With all the heat that Claude Noel and Perry Pearn have been taking since year 1, why is Charlie Huddy exlcuded from this? I understand that he is highly regarded for developing young players but that is also a strength of Claude Noel.

With the recent struggles of the Jets' defense corps, why does the Jets defensive coach have immunity to the accountability? We quickly point the finger at Noel but I would like to hear from Charlie Huddy on why there is very little cohesiveness and especially their struggles behind their own net. (see Colorado's third goal last night)

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Fair question. To be honest I'm not sure whose responsibilities are what so maybe it's Noel, maybe it's Pearn/Huddy.

But yeah his claim to fame here was Bogo's development mentally from train wreck to steady defenseman. Bogo looks like he bought a few 24s after his new deal and his brain is reacting accordingly...

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Huddy doesn't see the heat because the D makeup is less quantifiable than the team makeup and special teams production. If the D **** up, it's usually because of a mental lapse.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Buff's game has improved since year 1. Couple slip ups lately, but far more responsible.
Bogo has for the most part improved every year. We'll see if this continues, but so far so good.
Enstrom is a rock. Okay a pebble, but he's solid.
Clitsome went from waiver pick up to serviceable 4/5
Trouba came in like an absolute stud.

His work with players is pretty darn impressive to me.
I think our problems are systematic, for which I hold the head coach responsible.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
The more I watch the Jets the more the lack of another lefty top 4 d-man becomes apparent. The lack of one literally screws up every pairing. Any d pair that Stuart or Clitsome is on tends to struggle. Splitting up Enstrom-Buff seems to bring Buff's game down a notch. Even with Trouba around moving Bogo to the left side presents problems. If you could get Bogo a good, strong left partner, it could sort out the entire group. Clitsome, Stuart, rotate in and out of the lineup as does Trouba/Postma. This is more relevant now with injuries starting to pile up.

You quite simply can't have too many good defenceman.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Buff's game has improved since year 1. Couple slip ups lately, but far more responsible.
Bogo has for the most part improved every year. We'll see if this continues, but so far so good.
Enstrom is a rock. Okay a pebble, but he's solid.
Clitsome went from waiver pick up to serviceable 4/5
Trouba came in like an absolute stud.

His work with players is pretty darn impressive to me.
I think our problems are systematic, for which I hold the head coach responsible.

:laugh:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
we could sure use him again in Edmonton........so if you're done with him, maybe we can discuss a trade?? both our Acton's + 2015 6th rd pick for charlie huddy lol

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
we could sure use him again in Edmonton........so if you're done with him, maybe we can discuss a trade?? both our Acton's + 2015 6th rd pick for charlie huddy lol

When Noel is fired, Huddy will be on the first flight out to Edmonton. He was part of the MacTavish coaching regime so I imagine he'll be brought back eventually.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
It would be nice if Huddy could go on the ice and position Bogosian so he is playing a man and following the puck through his man and not just standing between the circles following the puck like a dog watching a piece of meat, but I guess we'll just have to hope through preaching and video study that he can finally be rid of this terrible habit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad